The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all. Had a broken nights sleep. Our noisey neighbours went on holiday, at about 3.30am, and the noise they were making loading up the car and her issuing instruction to her sister who lives next door to her were loud. She had a voice that can be heard half way down the road
In fact the whole family is loud. They don't talk as such but shout. I did ask them years ago if as children they lived on the end of an airport runway, or right next a motorway so had to shout at each other to be heard, but no.

screenman

Legendary Member
Feels like there's an entire tennis ball I planted in my thigh. I'm worried, but they've given me antibiotics and I don't know what else they could do?

My Dad used to say "chop it off from three inches above the ears and throw it away" I am not sure if it works as I have never tried it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning all. Had a broken nights sleep. Our noisey neighbours went on holiday, at about 3.30am, and the noise they were making loading up the car and her issuing instruction to her sister who lives next door to her were loud. She had a voice that can be heard half way down the road
In fact the whole family is loud. They don't talk as such but shout. I did ask them years ago if as children they lived on the end of an airport runway, or right next a motorway so had to shout at each other to be heard, but no.

I’m about to get rid of my noisy neighbours on one side as they are moving due to work and renting their house out. I’m just praying whoever rents is a fair bit quieter. I don’t cope well with noise.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Feels like there's an entire tennis ball I planted in my thigh. I'm worried, but they've given me antibiotics and I don't know what else they could do?

Are you taking antihistamines?

Mrs SD had a horsefly bite on her lower calf that came up massive.

We were very worried as the redness and swelling eventually went just past her knee.

GP presribed AB's for the infection and AH's to counter the swelling.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

We have a family like that living in the village. The whole lot talk very loud.

They live about 100m from us and on a still day you can hear them talking in their front garden when we are in ours.

The father, particularly, sounds like he is bellowing when he speaks to us face to face.

Bizzarre!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Are you taking antihistamines?

Mrs SD had a horsefly bite on her lower calf that came up massive.

We were very worried as the redness and swelling eventually went just past her knee.

GP presribed AB's for the infection and AH's to counter the swelling.

I knew a professional thief that was bitten by a horsefly.... that swelled up.
I asked him if he was taking antihistamine and he said "no, just jewellery".

Top Bottom