The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
A banana sandwich was eaten for lunch, gym then swim session tonight so I do not want to eat too much, trouble is I will not be home until 9pm which then makes it late for dinner.

Hi all
Did my 2 hours in the library helping people today
One person turned up - same bloke as last week who is having trouble with his basic mobile phone
old style - none smart phone - very limited

I talked him through it all and pointed out that he has got the hang of everything we did last week

I think he is OK now - but I expect to see him again next week - I think he likes that chat!!

anyway - took the car as the forecast said it would be raining and very windy on the way home (it is only 10 minutes but sod it)

no sign of rain when I finished
and still none now

did manage to cut the lawn this afternoon

had a chat with the bloke next door as well - seems that the house at the end will have people living there byu Christmas
It is owned by a housing association and is used as a home for adults who have mental problems - Down's and general mental stuff
so carers are always on site

the last person left just before the Pandemic and it has been empty ever since

bit of a waste really as they must have had to do a total refurb as it must have been in a right state after years empty

anyway - good that it will be used for its proper purpose again!

screenman

Legendary Member
FB_IMG_1724170895356.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Septic tank emptied today. It's a huge thing too. All working fine. Done for a very reasonable £160.

That plus £610 for oil, £150 for Mrs SD's hair on Thursday, £300 for day out in Manchester, including meal & theatre visit, on Friday and suddenly nearly £1200 has gone this week.

When I started work in 1975 my annual salary was £1400.

How the value of money has changed!

screenman

Legendary Member
Septic tank emptied today. It's a huge thing too. All working fine. Done for a very reasonable £160.

That plus £610 for oil, £150 for Mrs SD's hair on Thursday, £300 for day out in Manchester, including meal & theatre visit, on Friday and suddenly nearly £1200 has gone this week.

When I started work in 1975 my annual salary was £1400.

How the value of money has changed!

Its only money, that is a hefty week though.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Was it brim full o' turds?

Yes , it was probably as full of crap as yourself !:laugh:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
According to the very expensive scales at the gym I have a metabolic age of 52, not got a clue what it means but at 17 years less than I actually am I will take that as good news.

I thought you were younger than 69?

Must've mixed you up with someone else - dopey me!

Top Bottom