The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went out early to try and beat the showers, failed miserably ! Still, it was nice between the showers, very fresh and autumnal.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Went out early to try and beat the showers, failed miserably ! Still, it was nice between the showers, very fresh and autumnal.

That’s the rain appeared here now too. The long range forecast isn’t looking great. We seem to be going to have rain at some point nearly every day. A few geese flying over on my morning walk and some trees starting to show signs of turning.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. My wife has seen the first Christmas stuff for sale in Home Bargains yesterday !! It is getting earlier every year. Why don't they give us a break and let us enjoy what is left of the summer. The world has gone mad and so greedy. I really hate the times we are in.
Rant over and have a pleasant day every body.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Sh*t......sounds so familiar.
I spent weeks thinking I could happily curl up and die.
All you need is one good result and all will change.

Since all this started I have been feeling really low emotionally and many times during the night I've had a little sob just thinking will I see the night out, I also think living on your own makes the matter worse.
I know we all have to die at some point, but I would like a few more years if I can.
I just hope the next load of results gives me all the answers I need.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Probably pizza today

Just in the oven here

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Bonjour. My wife has seen the first Christmas stuff for sale in Home Bargains yesterday !! It is getting earlier every year. Why don't they give us a break and let us enjoy what is left of the summer. The world has gone mad and so greedy. I really hate the times we are in.
Rant over and have a pleasant day every body.

Sainsbury, Kendal, today; big displays of Xmas chocs - frigging ridiculous.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Since all this started I have been feeling really low emotionally and many times during the night I've had a little sob just thinking will I see the night out, I also think living on your own makes the matter worse.
I know we all have to die at some point, but I would like a few more years if I can.

I do sympathise with you having been there myself on two occasions now (2016 & 2022).

It really is awful waiting for a barrage of test results to come back.

Easier said than done but, try to stay positive. And, yes, must be much harder when living on your own.

Good News re your bowel cancer test result. 👍

Dave7

Legendary Member

Tbh there were times that I didn't want to see the night out.
You know that phrase "we all have our cross to bear"..... I do believe in that and yours will be different to mine or Screenman.
My thoughts are with you.
If its any consolation I have your headstone sorted. It says "the b*stard never did send me one of his pies".

Top Bottom