The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Morning 22c here and bright sunshine
Didn't sleep if any last night feel a bit crap just now, but I think I'm on the mend :smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A rabbit hops into a pub and asks the bartender, "Could I get a pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie?"
The bartender is taken aback but serves the rabbit his order. The rabbit enjoys his beer, devours the toastie, and then leaves.
The next night, the rabbit returns and once again requests a pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie. Word has spread, and the pub is buzzing with curious patrons. The bartender serves the rabbit, who eats and drinks before heading out.
By the third night, the pub is packed to the brim. As the rabbit walks in and orders his usual, the crowd falls silent in anticipation. The bartender hands over the pint and toastie, and the room erupts in applause as the rabbit finishes his meal and exits.
On the fourth night, there's standing room only. People have traveled from far and wide just to witness this unusual guest. The bartender is making more money in a week than he did all of last year.
But when the rabbit walks in and asks for his usual, the bartender's face falls. "I'm sorry, my friend," he says, "but we're all out of Ham and Cheese Toasties."
The rabbit looks shocked, and the pub goes so quiet you could hear a pin drop. The bartender nervously offers, "But we do have a very nice Cheese and Onion Toastie. I promise you'll love it."
The rabbit eyes him carefully. "Are you sure?" he asks.
With a grin, the bartender replies, "I wouldn't steer you wrong. Trust me, you'll love it."
"Alright," says the rabbit, "I'll have a pint of beer and a Cheese and Onion Toastie."
The pub bursts into cheers as the rabbit enjoys his meal, waves to the crowd, and leaves... never to return.
A year later, the pub is in decline. The bartender, who has only served a handful of drinks that night—most of them to himself—calls last orders. As he's cleaning up, he notices a small white figure hovering above the bar.
"Who are you?" he asks.
"I'm the ghost of the rabbit who used to visit your pub," comes the reply.
The bartender's eyes widen. "I remember you! You made this place famous. Every night, you'd come in for a pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie. People came from miles around just to see you."
"Yes," the rabbit says. "But I also remember that last night when you ran out of Ham and Cheese Toasties. You gave me a Cheese and Onion Toastie instead."
"That's right," the bartender recalls. "But then you never came back. What happened?"
"I died," says the rabbit.
The bartender gasps. "No! How?"
The rabbit pauses before replying, "Mixin' me toasties."

That one was doing the rounds when I was at school, and I left 50 years ago.😁

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Shakedown run done on Bantam - all OK apart from it needs the carb adjusting. Will strip it and check the jetting.
Had to laugh about a mile from home, going up the hill past Doniford Halt. Two cyclists slogging away as I moved out to overtake. I looked behind and saw that I was laying down a Bismark sized smoke screen from the oil in the crankcases left from the rebuild.
I tried to mitigate it as best I could, but I'm pretty certain they cussed me out!
Sorry lads! :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just back a short wander before lunch. A few spits and spots blowing through the wind now.

I think lunch might just be beans on toast.

I like beans on toast. I don't know why I don't have it very often.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Why do things go from bad to worse......in July I had to send my driving licence back for renewel few weeks later get another form on medical records because I'm borderline diabetic.
Today I get another lettter saying we have revoked your driving licence due to your medical reports being abnormal which I'm not.
Been up to the doctors and they photoed copied everything to give it to my doctor to sort out, but this is going to takes weeks to sort out.
1724245567968.png
your driving licence

Last edited:
Top Bottom