The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Goodnight all...

screenman

Legendary Member
Sitting watching paint dry is better than working :laugh: Thankfully, I am not the type of person who feels the need to fill my days with activity.

There won’t be much outdoors activity this morning as it’s heavy rain.

I have not felt that I have gone to work since we sold up when I was 33, I get a real Buzz out of what I do and the people I meet. If I had a job like you had it would have been different.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have not felt that I have gone to work since we sold up when I was 33, I get a real Buzz out of what I do and the people I meet. If I had a job like you had it would have been different.

Yep, must admit if I had my life over there would be changes. I would have concentrated on biology and chemistry at school rather than the pretty useless subjects I did take. I would have been happy with some sort of lab work, either human or preferably animal related. I still often wonder what possessed me to either work in an office to start then join the prison service. :wacko:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all ^_^
Yet another good sleep, what is going on?
I have had my vitamin B12 and now sat with a coffee.
Rain due at 0800.
Have a nice day peeps.

screenman

Legendary Member
I must admit if I had my time over again I would never gave worked for a company. I would have worked for myself. I certainly wouldn't have wanted a managerial position. Its not worth the stress and the toll it takes.

Quite a bit of stress working for yourself at times, I have not had a job for over 48 years, and have been self employed all that time, it has been fun though and still is.

Top Bottom