The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Lemon cheesecake!

screenman

Legendary Member
Just heading for the oldies swimming lessons in the village pool this evening. The town hall lay this on in the summer months for us oldies for free. I managed to sort of swim my first width yesterday, without stopping. Not bad for a pensioner, a bit late but I'll take it :smile:

I am what some might consider a serious swimmer 5+ miles a week in the fast lane. But I consider anyone who swims no matter how far a great acheiver, even more so taking it up later in life, my late wife did not swim and would not put her head under the water until she was sixty, three months after doing her first full width and actually swimming underwater she could manage a mile, and just loved being underwater so much I thought she was turning into a mermaid.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Has her employer made reasonable adjustments for her autism and shown her a duty of care, in this whole fiasco? Was the other person verbally abusive which caused an irrational reaction by your daughter and was this taken into consideration during any fact find interview? Has your daughter been offered counselling as this sort of thing can have a negative impact on her mental health, when it comes to autism. What you don't want is some HR agent, trying to make a name for her/himself.

Cheers for that. We have already touched base on most of these points with the union branch sec , she really seems on the ball. She gone away to get all the information of HR and watch the cctv for herself and sam will have meeting with her next week so she can get more details and work out a defence.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I am what some might consider a serious swimmer 5+ miles a week in the fast lane. But I consider anyone who swims no matter how far a great acheiver, even more so taking it up later in life, my late wife did not swim and would not put her head under the water until she was sixty, three months after doing her first full width and actually swimming underwater she could manage a mile, and just loved being underwater so much I thought she was turning into a mermaid.
Not for me I'm afraid, now 60, can't swim and have a fear of water so doubt I ever will

Tenkaykev

Guru
Children's party was lively😮. Mostly indoors as it was raining so the treasure hunt in the garden was held indoors. It wasn't too bad with a few traditional games such as " pass the parcel " being as popular as ever.
In other news I got an email from my energy supplier today to say that any electricity used between 13:00 and 14:00 tomorrow would be free. I will schedule the dishwasher, washing machine and immersion heater to take advantage, and see if I can squeeze about 6kWh into the battery at the same time. ☀️⚡️

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Not for me I'm afraid, now 60, can't swim and have a fear of water so doubt I ever will

Same here. I won’t go in water deeper than chest height. I can just about manage a breadth of breast stroke but it’s been years since I even tried.

Took the car up and dropped it off at the garage. Walked back down still in short sleeves as it’s warm.

classic33

Leg End Member
Bean on toast anyone?
453204423_830310679243026_3218736741039842773_n.jpg

Exlaser2

Veteran
I have to say as a sailer I would not go out in a dinghy if I wasn’t a good swimmer.

But you would be amazed at the number of dinghy sailors I have met, of my age and above, that cannot swim. 😳

Night night everyone. Hopefully I might get some sleep tonight.
Thanks for all the kind and helpful comments.

Last edited:
Top Bottom