The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Still sunny here, in fact it’s very pleasant indeed. An enjoyable 40 miles on the bike this morning. I love the colours at this time of year, heather, rowan berries, willowherb, bracken turning gold etc.

All change tomorrow with heavy rain forecast. Our weather is certainly not boring.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Afternoon all.
How ones mood can change so quickly.
Got back from sailing at the weekend , had a great time and mrs exlaser retained the ladies championship.
Tuesday get a call from my daughter saying she has been suspended from work at the hospital because of a ‘ road rage ‘ incident on hospital grounds two months ago. She was cycling to work and was nearly knocked of her bike by a e bike. My daughter took it up with the other woman in the cycle parking ( first mistake ) which has cctv ( second mistake) and words were exchanged and now the other woman is saying she spat at her.( Sam says she didn’t spit but the cctv is inconclusive.) Because of this a disciplinary investigation is now in place ☹️. I advised her to contact her union rep straight away, only to find she forgot to join a union, she has only worked there over 2 year. ☹️
Luckily I managed to contact the branch secretary who will represent her even though she only joined today.
It’s such a shame and so unnecessary, sam is a lovely girl , kind and considerate in so many ways, but because of her autism finds this sort of conflict very difficult to cope with and act in the correct manner . She loves this job so much and the people she works with that she would be heart broken to lose it.
Her mother and I are so stressed over it and because this is the NHS the investigation and any decision will not be know for four to six weeks .
Sorry for the down beat post on a happy thread . I just needed to get it off my chest.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Afternoon all.
Got back from sailing at the weekend , had a great time and mrs exlaser retained the ladies championship.
Tuesday get a call from my daughter saying she has been suspended from work at the hospital because of a ‘ road rage ‘ incident on hospital grounds two months ago. She was cycling to work and was nearly knocked of her bike by a e bike. My daughter took it up with the other woman in the cycle parking ( first mistake ) which has cctv ( second mistake) and words were exchanged and now the other woman is saying she spat at her.( Sam says she didn’t spit but the cctv is inconclusive.) Because of this a disciplinary investigation is now in place ☹️. I advised her to contact her union rep straight away, only to find she forgot to join a union, she has only worked there over 2 year. ☹️
Luckily I managed to contact the branch secretary who will represent her even though she only joined today.
It’s such a shame and so unnecessary, sam is a lovely girl , kind and considerate in so many ways, but because of her autism finds this sort of conflict very difficult to cope with and act in the correct manner . She loves this job so much and the people she works with that she would be heart broken to lose it.
Her mother and I are so stressed over it and because this is the NHS the investigation and any decision will not be know for four to six weeks .
Sorry for the down beat post on a happy thread . I just needed to get it off my chest.

Sorry to hear this, but today you need a bloody solicitor to talk back to someone.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Afternoon all.

Terrible news. It must be very disheartening for your daughter.

Gunk

Guru
Pub now, it’s been a nice day

IMG_4145.jpeg

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Afternoon all.

Has her employer made reasonable adjustments for her autism and shown her a duty of care, in this whole fiasco? Was the other person verbally abusive which caused an irrational reaction by your daughter and was this taken into consideration during any fact find interview? Has your daughter been offered counselling as this sort of thing can have a negative impact on her mental health, when it comes to autism. What you don't want is some HR agent, trying to make a name for her/himself.

Last edited:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Just heading for the oldies swimming lessons in the village pool this evening. The town hall lay this on in the summer months for us oldies for free. I managed to sort of swim my first width yesterday, without stopping. Not bad for a pensioner, a bit late but I'll take it :smile:

PaulSB

Squire
It's been delightful all day. Sunny and pleasantly warm. Mrs P is out playing croquet. I am enjoying my first ever can of Guinness 0% alcohol. Pretty damn good. I also have the crossword.

I'm plotting. Ideally goggling the words "Prague" and "Springsteen" - as one does on a warm Wednesday - I discovered tickets are available for the gig next June. Usually four of us go. I've got one "ooo....I've never been to Prague" so she's in. Two down, two to go!!

Top Bottom