The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
After more than 20 years of almost daily use one of the end elements in our Dualit toaster has packed up and so one slice is only being toasted on the one side. A quick look at the Dualit website shows that replacing the element would cost £7.80. I am planning to splash the cash and replace all three.

I love things you can repair yourself. We always used to be able to repair kettles, toasters, TV 's. The lot

Chief Broom

Veteran
Hi folks :okay: another sunny 50 miler and i was pooped! :laugh: i stopped by my usual bench by the river for a breather and thought instead of sitting i would lie down full length and stare at the sky for a bit...and very nice it was too! I could have happily had a nap but a passing concerned citizen might have thought the old git [me] had overdone it and was dead :laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
I love things you can repair yourself. We always used to be able to repair kettles, toasters, TV 's. The lot

Yes, Spares still available at excellent prices and they come with fitting instructions.
You do understand you a re being wildly extravagant? :laugh:

I was considering a new toaster but looked at the current prices😳.What I really want is one of the electro-mechanical ones that you sometimes see in hotels😎

This will be hard to miss as it flies past the house at 21:30 this evening !
IMG_0738.jpeg

Busy day here

Did my normal volunteering in the library today helping people with IT things
SOmeone actually turned up!
Helped him with his very very basic non smart phone -
very nice bloke - just needed a bit of help working it all out

then spent the afternoon setting up my wife's nephew for energy in his new flat - no record of previous supplier or anything
so it all took about 3 hours but managed it - with a £50 present for a "refer a friend" as he has switched to the same company as us!

so - I have helped 2 people - and am officially a hero - or at least I feel good about it

Top Bottom