The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The Eagle has landed.

IMG-20240813-WA0005.jpeg

Overlooking Seaton.
Had lunch in the Kingfisher Inn which is just down the road. :okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
:hello: Update
They have no idea what is wrong with me, I have to do stool and urine test again and maybe CT scan later looking for bowel cancer.
As they said they don't know what's wrong so they are just ticking boxes what it could be.
I've lost another kilo and looking in the mirror it looks like my birthday suit is two sizes to big.
I'm tired now so I bettter stop writing.

Fingers crossed for you.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
After more than 20 years of almost daily use one of the end elements in our Dualit toaster has packed up and so one slice is only being toasted on the one side. A quick look at the Dualit website shows that replacing the element would cost £7.80. I am planning to splash the cash and replace all three.

You do understand you a re being wildly extravagant? :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
:hello: Update
They have no idea what is wrong with me, I have to do stool and urine test again and maybe CT scan later looking for bowel cancer.
As they said they don't know what's wrong so they are just ticking boxes what it could be.
I've lost another kilo and looking in the mirror it looks like my birthday suit is two sizes to big.
I'm tired now so I bettter stop writing.
Owdo there
At least they're ticking off what it isn't.
"Poo Sticks" isn't the nicest thing going, but it does beat taking a full days sample set into the doctors/hospital. Especially if someone enquiries as to what's in the bag. Simple, honest answers don't work too well these days.

Here's to finding out what your problem is.

PaulSB

Squire
Good afternoon. It is raining here. I'll catch up the thread later but right now I have quiet time and a brew.

Small person is here. Today we have made cottage pie with Nana, painted, coloured, played snakes and ladders, done two jigsaws, been for a walk and bounced for 40 minutes on a neighbour's trampoline.

She likes coming to see Nana and Granddad!! 🤔

Tonight Granddad is going to watch the mighty Rovers play Stockport County. This will be my first visit to Edgeley Park. My good friend and neighbour is a County season ticket holder. We are going together. County play in blue. This means Rovers will be in the new away kit..........a rather fetching shade of pink!!!! 😮

Top Bottom