The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Had a little jog then home for a quick bath and now plonked down to watch the marathon while eating my muesli.

screenman

Legendary Member
Sore head?

Slightly tender, not too bad though.

Good morning all, bright and only lightly breezy here.
The Red Arrows didn’t disappoint yesterday, they came low over the house in a double delta formation exactly on schedule at 6.16, on their way to the Blackpool Airshow, scheduled arrival just 22 minutes later !
Enjoyed a full afternoon and evening of San Sebastian followed by Olympic velodrome and athletics, some spectacular racing, men’s madison a highlight.
Just one concluding session from the velodrome to go, lots of British sprinting interest fingers crossed.

We have a mop!!!

OK OK OK - sounds boring - a mop!

anyway - many years ago - shortly after SWMBO moved in - the mop that I had - and moved here with me when I moved in - broke
so I was looking for another on
but I was told that it is not needed as we had a good steam mop and that was much better than an old fashioned mop
so I was over-rules

I have alwasy felt that steam mops are OK - but sometimes you need a proper one and a bucket

anyway - after th ekitchen has been done up and everything - the floor tiles were looking grubby
I was going to go over it with the steam mop but SWMBO decided that steam mops are ok for a quick whizz over every few days but once a months or so you need a proper mop with a bucket

which I am SURE I heard somewhere before????

anyway - I was sent out toB&M to get a pair.
they had a proper mop - once with those cotton string things and not a facy sponge thing that breaks after a year or so and you can never find the replacements that were eaisly available but have now been discontinued
but no buckets
so SWMBO has orderd one from Dunelm and I will be nipping out to get one when the text message arrives

Naturally none of the above happened

Top Bottom