The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Certainly don't miss the PC nonsense and political bias of the BBC.

I just avoid the news (its all depressing anyway) and watch the dramas, they still produce some top quality TV

Thanks for your thought about Sky
but we need BBC and ITV and Channel 4 as we watch a lot of stuff on them

we could probably save by binning some of it but when you add up all the extras it would not be a lot
and we can afford it

and trying to persude SWMBO would be a nightmare!!!!

anyway - just waiting for a response from Virgin about some questions

then I think we will switch and use NowTV when we need some of the bits we don;t have

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just scrap it, we got rid of Sky three years ago after more than 20 years, I use a Humax Freesat box for live TV but most of we watch is on demand via a Roku box, if there any sport we want to watch I just buy a day pass On Now TV.

Same for me. I was paying £60 a month for sky abd it was just repeat after repeat so we got rid of it. Bought a feeesat box instead. We have Amazone prime so TV is In with that and Netflix. I'd never go back
rip off sky.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Old Mout apple and strawberry Cider. Its quite nice, and it makes you burp. :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
Talking of idiots in mountains as we were yesterday.

Here, a 21 year old guy decided to wild camp on the summit of Helvellyn this Thursday gone.

The weather conditions were atrocious but still he went.

Five members of the local MRT team brought him down:

BBC News - Wild camper feared wind would throw him into tarn
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c2dglj6dkr3o
I put part of the blame onto mobile phones, and on programme's that show mountain/fell rescue teams in action.
It makes it all too easy for people to go beyond their limits, because they feel that should they get into trouble the first can be used to get the second and then the second will get them to safety.
The biggest blame, still lies with the individuals though. Who are often undertrained and unaware of the dangers out there. How quick the weather can turn and things going wrong escalating.

Top Bottom