The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well it is that time again

apaprently Sky contract is coming to an end and they want to increase the cost by £40 a month
which is £480 a year - which is also a way of thinking about it they don;t want us to do
They would rather we think of "Only and extra £10 a week- ish"

Anyway - we always preferred Virgin - just seems easier to use

so just rung them and it seems like it would be £40 a month LESS that we currently pay
and £80 less soon

just need to confirm a few bits and we might just go with it
I know I could winge at Sky and get it down - but by £80???

might try anyway as I will have to ring they to say f*** off anyway
it might give me some leverage with Virgin

PaulSB

Squire
I was absolutely nackered. Mrs P has gone out. I've been back to bed for two hours and feel all the better for it.

@Dave7 - yes. Happy Paul today. ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Paul is VERY happy. 👍

1000014948.jpg

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi the news so far -
the blood tests I had is showing some sort of infection/virus, no name given and negative on a Covid test......
the other thing that came up was a vitamin D definition so before all this happen all my walks must have been at night. :rolleyes:
So far I have very low blood pressure, very short of breath and insomnia I have not slept in the last 10 days which is making me very tired and as weak as a kitten even a small job in the kitchen makes me so tired I have to lay down for at least half an hour or more.
The worse part is getting a meal ready and then being too tired to eat it.
I have an phone appointment on Tuesday with the doctor and more blood tests a months time......that's if I'm still here.

Gunk

Guru
Well it is that time again

apaprently Sky contract is coming to an end and they want to increase the cost by £40 a month
which is £480 a year - which is also a way of thinking about it they don;t want us to do
They would rather we think of "Only and extra £10 a week- ish"

Anyway - we always preferred Virgin - just seems easier to use

so just rung them and it seems like it would be £40 a month LESS that we currently pay
and £80 less soon

just need to confirm a few bits and we might just go with it
I know I could winge at Sky and get it down - but by £80???

might try anyway as I will have to ring they to say f*** off anyway
it might give me some leverage with Virgin

Just scrap it, we got rid of Sky three years ago after more than 20 years, I use a Humax Freesat box for live TV but most of we watch is on demand via a Roku box, if there any sport we want to watch I just buy a day pass On Now TV.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hi the news so far -
the blood tests I had is showing some sort of infection/virus, no name given and negative on a Covid test......
the other thing that came up was a vitamin D definition so before all this happen all my walks must have been at night. :rolleyes:
So far I have very low blood pressure, very short of breath and insomnia I have not slept in the last 10 days which is making me very tired and as weak as a kitten even a small job in the kitchen makes me so tired I have to lay down for at least half an hour or more.
The worse part is getting a meal ready and then being too tired to eat it.
I have an phone appointment on Tuesday with the doctor and more blood tests a months time......that's if I'm still here.

Good luck on Tuesday.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I binned off " tv" and thr licence last year.

I watch a lot of stuff on the free catch up services (except for iPlayer, need a licence for that), and subscribe to paramount + for so thing like £68 for 15 months. Dont regret it at all and never find myself short of something to watch.

As much as I grudge the licence, especially with so many repeats, I do enjoy many of the BBC dramas so I’ll need to keep paying them.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I binned off " tv" and thr licence last year.

I watch a lot of stuff on the free catch up services (except for iPlayer, need a licence for that), and subscribe to paramount + for so thing like £68 for 15 months. Dont regret it at all and never find myself short of something to watch.

Ditto.

All our viewing is now on Prime, Netflix or youtube.

Don't miss BBC or ITV etc at all. Certainly don't miss the PC nonsense and political bias of the BBC.

900000 people in the last 2 years have done the same.

Top Bottom