The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning. I was hoping for an early walk before watching the men’s marathon but I slept in. Must have been my new pillow. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve tried and how much money I’ve wasted. This is a Simba Hybrid one.

Like you I have spent a lot of money on pillows only to find th one's that suit me best are £7.50 for two from Tesco, changed for new every three or four month's.

Good morning all, bright but very breezy again, up to 40mph forecast again.

Yesterday afternoon and evening again spent mostly glued to track cycling and the athletics, more of the same again today.

Not much sign of this heatwave reaching us, highs for the next few days forecast to be 18 today, 19 tomorrow and 20 with thunderstorms on Monday.

If I remember to be looking out of the window at 6.15 this evening we’re due a tattoo flypast of the Red Arrows. The council is trying to ban them so this might be the last !

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Air show day !
According to the retinue there will be a Spitfire and Me109 dog fight display, 2 C47s and a B17 display, biplane and loads of other stuff.
Should be fun.
We're off out at 10am.

Airshow most days here, I live between Coningsby and Waddington, with Cranwell not being far away, and of course just sown the road Wickenby where a lot of stunt flying is done.

Drago

Legendary Member
Will clean Mrs Ds car today,

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well, I really enjoyed the marathon. The hills made it more interesting. I think the British guy maybe got carried away slightly trying to go with the leader then blew up a bit. He finished strongly in fourth though so different tactics might have got a medal.

Got out for a walk when it finished. There’s quite a strong wind here but it’s sunny and warm. The car park at the park is already filling up with cars so I will probably avoid going back out later.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Morning. I was hoping for an early walk before watching the men’s marathon but I slept in. Must have been my new pillow. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve tried and how much money I’ve wasted. This is a Simba Hybrid one.

We only cracked pillow comfort when we got some for people who sleep mainly on their sides (both of us). We didn't even realise that they are different to those made for people who sleep mainly on their back.

Your Simbas look good.

Ours were also crazy expensive but the improvement in sleep quality and the lack of neck pain in the morning made them worth it.

Top Bottom