The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I've had a letter from our GP informing me that as I no longer live in their area they're removing me from their books.

Yet the letter was addressed to me at my house...in their area...

I rang them up and they reckoned theyll sort it, but I'm not confident so I may drop in with my driving licence and a map.

When we moved, back in January , we were also told we had 8 weeks to find another surgery as we were in a different area. We did so, including a new chemist shop. Frankly, the new surgery seem to be more efficient than the previous one so no regrets.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have just had my canula removed for the last time and it hurt.
I came out with a 'f uk' which fortunately made the nurse laugh.

PaulSB

Squire
The sun disappeared about 9.00. It's chilly. I have a jumper on. The OT says I can take the splints off my finger. It feels better already.

Car lights. I've noticed new modern cars, those with LED headlights, appear to flash their lights a lot. I think it's either sunlight catching the reflectors or perhaps a fault? I think it's a design fault.

I say this because in town today I noticed a guy 200 metres back who kept flashing me. It was very bright, rapid flashing similar to the blue lights on unmarked police cars. I thought he was indicating I had a problem. Then I realised another car, two cars behind, same model was also rapidly flashing. About two miles later I did pull over and check the back of the car. Nothing.

Or is it just me?

Dave7

Legendary Member
The sun disappeared about 9.00. It's chilly. I have a jumper on. The OT says I can take the splints off my finger. It feels better already.

Car lights. I've noticed new modern cars, those with LED headlights, appear to flash their lights a lot. I think it's either sunlight catching the reflectors or perhaps a fault? I think it's a design fault.

I say this because in town today I noticed a guy 200 metres back who kept flashing me. It was very bright, rapid flashing similar to the blue lights on unmarked police cars. I thought he was indicating I had a problem. Then I realised another car, two cars behind, same model was also rapidly flashing. About two miles later I did pull over and check the back of the car. Nothing.

Or is it just me?

Design fault imo. I think they will change it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Pleasant walk done with Margaret, just short of 8 miles. We stopped half way for a sandwich and bag of crisps. I always like a walk where you can do a loop rather than an out and back.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 14.16.16.png

Drago

Legendary Member
When we moved, back in January , we were also told we had 8 weeks to find another surgery as we were in a different area. We did so, including a new chemist shop. Frankly, the new surgery seem to be more efficient than the previous one so no regrets.

Thing is, I do live in their area. This is the new GP I registered with when I moved.

Top Bottom