The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Welshie did, I saw her do it.
I thought I saw her do it as well.
That's two to one should she try denying it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have gone a whole day without alcohol, easy for most of you, I guess, but I know that I was starting to lean on it a bit in the evenings, so I decided to go dry today; not sure about tomorrow, though.

For some people alcohol can actually cause depression, so although it maybe seems like a crutch to help the grieving process, it could be making you feel worse? Just a thought. Our bodies and minds are all different.

Morning. Up early as usual. It’s been a bit warm for attempting much sleep the last few nights.

Picking my old neighbour up at 9.30 and we will head up the Sma Glen Road for a few miles and do a walk that starts there. It’s supposed to be a decent day. I’m amazed at how much she can manage. She’s 81 now but would pass for 70 and can still do a good walk.

screenman

Legendary Member
For some people alcohol can actually cause depression, so although it maybe seems like a crutch to help the grieving process, it could be making you feel worse? Just a thought. Our bodies and minds are all different.

Morning. Up early as usual. It’s been a bit warm for attempting much sleep the last few nights.

Picking my old neighbour up at 9.30 and we will head up the Sma Glen Road for a few miles and do a walk that starts there. It’s supposed to be a decent day. I’m amazed at how much she can manage. She’s 81 now but would pass for 70 and can still do a good walk.

I agree with you on the depression bit, I suffered with that for over 30 years, grieving is very different to how I felt then though. I just realised I did not have any the evening before, so I am not having a problem going without.

Chief Broom

Veteran
I have gone a whole day without alcohol, easy for most of you, I guess, but I know that I was starting to lean on it a bit in the evenings, so I decided to go dry today; not sure about tomorrow, though.
Morning folks :okay: i havent had a alcoholic drink for 30 yrs :okay:
Looks bright out so definitely a day for a spin, might take some pics if i can bear lugging the camera around...
In case anyone missed the crumble thread heres my latest, good job im burning the calories! :laugh:
DSCF6047.JPG

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all. We are forecast a little rain this morning.
I awoke in the middle of the night remembering that I have left the keys to the bike locks somewhere in the shed, I will have to search for them this morning, I do have spares, but it's no good leaving the keys where my bikes are.
Sainsbury's are delivering the weekly goodies this morning, another longish dog walk will be had and I'll be out on the bike this afternoon before the track cycling starts.
I have cut my alcohol consumption down , I don't drink on a monday to Thursday inc. coupled with a bit of a diet, cutting out a few higher calorie foods. I have as of this morning lost 7 kilos, which is almost 15 1/2 pounds since the end of June.😁 Now weighing in at 93.35kg. I'm trying to get below 90kg's in a couple of months time. Good for the blood pressure and my knees. There is already a visible difference and I'm walking easier.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

PaulSB

Squire
Good day. It is beautiful here. Bright blue sky, no breeze and sunshine. I think it will be hot!

Granddaughter has been swapped to tomorrow to help out her other Mama who usually does Wednesdays.

Me? I have an OT appointment for my broken fingers. Need to pop to my LBS to pick up the quote for the replacement bike, then more insurance admin. Hoping the strimmer is ready to collect from the repair people and I shall try to work on the allotment.

I've decided to look for a physio to assess my knee. I'm worried it could be damaged to an extent I won't ride again. That's in the darker moments. Mostly it's get a grip Paul!!! 🤣

My new bike will be a custom build so I've decided not to order it until I'm sure I will ride again.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I found the keys😁 they were left in one of the heavy duty locks on one of the bikes.🤡.
It's trying to rain at the moment.
I got an email from Sainsbury's saying the payment had failed and to call their payment line. Did so after a 10 minute wait got through and paid on the same card that had failed. I'm getting a bit cheese of with them. In recent weeks there have been overcharging, damaged items, failed refunds and generally bad service.😡

Top Bottom