The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The back brakes on my Galaxy tourer have started to squeal, so todays fettling will be to clean the rim and dismantle the brakes clean thoroughly and reassemble.
Not a complicated job, but it will make a difference.

I found the keys😁 they were left in one of the heavy duty locks on one of the bikes.🤡.
It's trying to rain at the moment.
I got an email from Sainsbury's saying the payment had failed and to call their payment line. Did so after a 10 minute wait got through and paid on the same card that had failed. I'm getting a bit cheese of with them. In recent weeks there have been overcharging, damaged items, failed refunds and generally bad service.😡

Might be worth a complaint

sometime manglement only take notice of things if there is formal complaint rather than individual problems with orders
might also get a discount voucher if you are lucky!

PaulSB

Squire
I have a letter from the NHS
apparently they want me t go for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm screening

which is fine - better to check than suddenly find out you have a massive avoidable problem later (or die!!!)

thing is - I am eligible because it is "The year in which I turn 65"

bugger!
Yes, that one's a bummer. Back in 2019 I had a burst aneurysm in my brain. That was a bit dramatic. As someone remarked recently over my bike crash "Paul does things with style" 🤣🤣

Back to the AAA. I'd been in recovery from the brain thing for months. I was feeling better. Then I got the AAA letter. My first reaction was "their taking the piss with this one." 🤣🤣🤣

PaulSB

Squire
I found the keys😁 they were left in one of the heavy duty locks on one of the bikes.🤡.
It's trying to rain at the moment.
I got an email from Sainsbury's saying the payment had failed and to call their payment line. Did so after a 10 minute wait got through and paid on the same card that had failed. I'm getting a bit cheese of with them. In recent weeks there have been overcharging, damaged items, failed refunds and generally bad service.😡

Interesting fact about Sainsbury's. I'm not a fan by the way but this is good. We recently attended a talk on Loneliness. The speaker spoke of how every day interactions in shops, on buses are important to us all to help with a feeling of inclusion.

Mrs P remarked to the speaker how Sainsbury's checkout staff always engage one in a chat while scanning etc. The speaker agreed and went on to explain this is a specific part of the checkout team training. It's seen as good for both the customer and supermarket.

Well done Sainsbury's........though I'll remain an Aldi man.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all.
Had all the normal stuff ie tablets, blood pressure and bloods stolen taken....... This one hurt!!!!!!!.
Breckie was toast. How can you ruin toast. One side still white, other side light colour on left, white on right.
Got some disgusting drink to get down next.
Hey Ho.

Maybe the element on the rhs of the toaster has gone.

Top Bottom