The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

to me that means allocating cupboards to her and me and up both egtting on with it
to her it means she does one while I stand there and watch - then I do one that she can;t do while she gives instructions - about how to wipe a cupboard with a soapy cloth!!

I am not good at standing around doing f*** all!!!!

Anyway - most cupboards are now cleaned out and a lot of stuff put back - plus a load of other stuff in the car ready to go to the charity shop
(or tip!)

Sounds like Mrs @BoldonLad, with any job we are "doing together".

I just tell her, "if you want it done your way, then, do it yourself"........... well, I don't actually say that out loud, but, I think it, whilst doing as I am told :laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Spent the the morning putting new lights and plug on my m/c trailer in readiness for picking up the trials bike tomorrow. Also had the wheels off and greased the bearings.
I got the trailer dirt cheap off a mate of a mate in Minehead some time ago - bit of an impulse buy at 30 quid.
Everything works properly now and I've tidied it up a bit. Reckon it's worth around 200 notes now and it owes me 43.

screenman

Legendary Member
Spent the the morning putting new lights and plug on my m/c trailer in readiness for picking up the trials bike tomorrow. Also had the wheels off and greased the bearings.
I got the trailer dirt cheap off a mate of a mate in Minehead some time ago - bit of an impulse buy at 30 quid.
Everything works properly now and I've tidied it up a bit. Reckon it's worth around 200 notes now and it owes me 43.
I find messing around with things like that good fun, which is why I carry on doing dents and screens.

PaulSB

Squire
Good evening! Pleased to see @Dave7 is around 👍

It's been quite a good day. Popped out for coffee with my cycling buddies and successfully avoided ordering probably the world's finest cheese toastie. Flapjack instead for ⅓ of the price.

My buddies did bring along someone I haven't seen since my crash. I always appreciate the concern and interest but I'm getting tired of the story.

I have decided to seek out physio. My knee isn't flexible enough.

This aside I got lots of very minor stuff done around the house.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
An enjoyable afternoon of Olympics, a bit of climbing, a bit of diving, the totally mad kayak cross, a bit of track cycling, now watching the women’s hockey. More cycling and athletics to come :smile:

I hadn’t seen kayak cross before. Really enjoyed it. Currently watching the cycling and looking forward to the athletics later. I’m hoping Kelly Hodgkinson can pull off a gold.

Top Bottom