The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You can keep the rain, I like being baked. Not heard from Dave7 for a day or so.

Yes I know. Let's hope he is OK 👍

Right the kitchen is nearly done
Oven is in and working
sink is in and working - but can;t be fully used as the tiles behind it have only just been done so can;t be got wet
dishwasher is finally in an working- so has been put through 2 hot washes so any bugs that grew over the several days it was unused have been killed and flushed

kitchen cupboard doors still have not arrived so the cupboards are open and the hob is in but not wired up yet

so we managed to have a home cooked meal tonight for the first time in days!!!

did manage a ride - but my legs were not keen and wouldn;t get going - also the wind was stronger than I expected so I went to the airport which is a shorter ride
did find an Ice Cream van in a park on the way - so had to stop
funny thing - he only took cards - no cash - never seen that before from an Ice Cream van
I suppose it leaves him far less open to robbery or something

anyway - was kna tired when I got home

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
On the subject of cloaks, the clock in my car is right for 6 months of the year. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
On a different point - as mentioned above the kitchen oven is now working

first thing I did was set the clock - without reference to a manual

because clocks that say anything other than the correct time are illegal and the owner should be keelhauled!!
Turn the volume down and you'll not hear your clocks saying anything. And for those that just display the time, get some tape and cover the display up.
This way, you'll neither hear nor see a clock telling or displaying the wrong time.

Top Bottom