The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi, I'm still here.....just
the test results I had last week had to be ignored and the path lab has an IT failure
Last Thurday more test taken, but have beee told I'll have to wait at least 10 days as they have a large backlog.
So far I have lost neary 8 kg in weight, but the worse thing is the tiredness and feeling really weak, an 800 yard walk to the chemist leaves be so out of breath and tired I have to have a lie down when I get home.
I bought a load of ready meals that I had delivered so I don't have to cook, just bung them in the microwave.
The other day I fell over and bruised my left hip, God knows why it happen, I didn't faint, buy lying on the floor I thought "there must be more to life than this"..............

classic33

Leg End Member
Hi, I'm still here.....just
the test results I had last week had to be ignored and the path lab has an IT failure
Last Thurday more test taken, but have beee told I'll have to wait at least 10 days as they have a large backlog.
So far I have lost neary 8 kg in weight, but the worse thing is the tiredness and feeling really weak, an 800 yard walk to the chemist leaves be so out of breath and tired I have to have a lie down when I get home.
I bought a load of ready meals that I had delivered so I don't have to cook, just bung them in the microwave.
The other day I fell over and bruised my left hip, God knows why it happen, I didn't faint, buy lying on the floor I thought "there must be more to life than this"..............
That first line is the important part.
Hope that you get to learn your results soon, maybe putting your mind at ease a bit.

You've probably answered a thought I've been having about test results, the recent worldwide computer problems. Were my results lost to that outage.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hello the house.
Been in a lot of pain the last few days and tbh not up to posting.
I am having an argument with the consultant. Basically they thought the MRI scan would show serious liver problems but the only problem (with the liver) is, it's fatty.
So yesterday morning he said "weare sending you home".
I said "no chance. I am in constant pain, I still can't eat, I can hardly walk unaided and you basically want to send me home to die.
All you have done is tell me the liver is not the problem. I need to know what the cause is and how to tackle it".
Consultants dont work weekends so I have to wait till Monday.
Hope this hasn't bored you too much:rolleyes:

Hello the house.
I am having an argument with the consultant. Basically they thought the MRI scan would show serious liver problems but the only problem (with the liver) is, it's fatty.
I said "no chance. I am in constant pain, I still can't eat, I can hardly walk unaided and you basically want to send me home to die.
All you have done is tell me the liver is not the problem. I need to know what the cause is and how to tackle it".

Sorry to hear that - good for you standing up for yourself

Hope they work something better out on Monday

:hugs:

screenman

Legendary Member
Hello the house.

You never bore us pal.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning all, bright and breezy here. MrsFoE is about to give me a lift the 20 miles to Linlithgow so I can join a “cruise” ride (aka slow clubrun) there. It will only be 25 miles but that gives me the capacity to ride home after.

I visited Linlithgow on my 65th Birthday, it's a lovely place😎

classic33

Leg End Member
Hello the house.
Keep yer noise down. There'll be people wanting to sleep! Are you in the fourth bed down on the right-hand side?

They've ruled out what they think it isn't, and don't know which way to go next. I don't blame you for wanting to know, this time round what the problem(s) is/are, rather than repeated admittal to hospital for tests, when something does go wrong.
The ability to compare results of different tests isn't there in repeated admissions a few weeks apart.

Noticed you were on but not posting though. That's one good sign.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The bus company that runs one of our local services, especially the one that comes down our road has pulled its service and all the others it runs in London.
Sullivan's has decided to concentrate on outer London services and has abandoned from today all of its routes, even though the franchise still has a year to go.
TFL is in negotiations with other companies to take over the routes, but this will take some time. For the time being we have no local hail and ride bus.
This may seem trivial but although there are plenty of other routes nearby, if you have shopping or something heavy to carry it's a bit of a trek to the nearest bus stop.
My touring bike and panniers will be even more useful.

Top Bottom