The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think it does, we have become quite attached over the last 68 years.
I can see how that happened.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It looks a bit grey and damp outside at the moment , but theres not much chance of rain.
The escape committee is meeting this afternoon at the Railway Bell, I hope the ale is of better quality than a couple of weeks back, we had to return several pints as they were a bit rank. Complaints were made to the manager and Wetherspoons higher management.
I've got a few errands to run this morning, so one of my trusty bikes will be bought into action.
Uncle Ernie has come up trumps again, 2 x £50
1 × £100 😁
Enjoy your day everyone

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning, sunny start to the day, yesterday's storm didn't materialise and it's a bit humid. Some late night adjustments to the hedgehog feeding station as one of the local cats managed to get in and eat the food, that seems to have worked 🤞.
Off to Wimborne for breakfast with ex work colleagues then I will wander round to the book shop to get a birthday present for our granddaughter. Mrs Tkk has been bust booking travel, trains to and from the Great North Run, and flights from Southampton to Glasgow for her Award Ceremony in October. Have a peaceful day folks ☕️👍

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

PaulSB

Squire
There is one road in and out of my village.......🤔. There is a dirt track across the fields. I've already overhead people with very expensive cars muttering about how this will wreck their car! Not if you drive slowly!!!

1000014829.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There is one road in and out of my village.......🤔. There is a dirt track across the fields. I've already overhead people with very expensive cars muttering about how this will wreck their car! Not if you drive slowly!!!

View attachment 739553

I take it that the council have been informed about the fallen tree? It should be gone soon, they don't normally hang about clearing the road.
Unfortunately there are many people who really don't know how to drive to the conditions they are faced with.

PaulSB

Squire
I take it that the council have been informed about the fallen tree? It should be gone soon, they don't normally hang about clearing the road.
Unfortunately there are many people who really don't know how to drive to the conditions they are faced with.

Yep. Council, Highways and Police are all aware. As you say it won't take long to clear. I'd have been interested to see what happened if it was a school day.

Top Bottom