The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An unexpectedly sunny afternoon, enjoyed a random 30 miles on the bike including a whole new loop of very rideable offroad that I’d never explored before, will be good for some walking trips too.

Boy oh boy. I think one of the farmers is muck spreading. Poooooeeee. xx(

WHen I was at University one of my friends tended to go home most weekends - he lived in a small Welsh village neat the border

He came back one Sunday and couldn't wait to tell everyone what had happened
Him and his friends were having a quiet Sunday lunchtime pint in the local pub and one of the farmers cam down the street with his much spreader
Somehow the lever that operated it got knocked on as he entered the village and he drove it all the way down the mian street (AKA the only street) with it happily spraying liquid manure over everything

My friend and his mates dutifully save the pub by darting inside and shutting the door as he passed (thus saving their pints by co-incidence) and came out again after he had passed

He was later told of by his Mum for not stopping it - although exactly how he was supposed to do that was not disclosed.
His Dad - who normally supported his wife in everything (have you met Welsh women??) was supposed to agree with what she said but was not able to for laughing
or so he said

anyway - end of story

screenman

Legendary Member
Boy oh boy. I think one of the farmers is muck spreading. Poooooeeee. xx(

Are you sure it is not Drago, check the wind direction to see if it is coming from Poshshire.

Kitchen is still not in working order - so cooking is difficult

so it was takeaway AGAIN tonight
my guts must be in a right state - only decent(ish) meal this week has been chicken and chips at a local pub!!!

Did manage to get out for a ride this afternoon - 25 miles and no annoying people
and some nice people who smiled and said "thank you" and stuff like that!!!

and a few (3 or 4) narrow boats put-putting along the canals

Top Bottom