The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Errr, wasn't this you yesterday?

Trainee Met Office forecaster!!

If its good enough for the BBC then it's good enough for me :laugh:

Anyway - the kitchen people are still here
I have asked if we can have the diskwasher working by the end of the day as it is not all that easy to wash plates etc in the toilet washbasin
and the dishwasher has stuff in it that has been there for 3 days now!!!!!
I am planning on putting it on a hot wash first then a proper hot wash after just to make sure it is OK - but the sooner the better

Looks like they are on schedule after a few delays caused by bits arriving late - but the sink and hob arrived this morning so the holes in the worktops can now be done
then it is just the tiling and door fronts I think

Weird thing is that the ceiling lights do not seem to have a way of changing a bulb
they are LED ones and the fitters say they have been using the same ones for a while and have never had a problem with them
they do have a reputation of fixing anything that goes wrong - even years after they did the job so I suppose they must be right (?)

just never had a light with a fixed bulb before!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
It's wet. It has poured down since 3.00. Today's excitement:
  • 8.00am - Wound dressing clinic to get wounds fixed
  • 9.00am - garden machinery shop to get strimmer fixed
  • 10.30am - Specsavers to get eyes fixed
Too much fixing going on. I shall catch up later when I'm fixed.

with all of these repairs needed, is it not time to consider trading in for a newer model? :laugh:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. Very hot here again so after two days of hard physical labour, I intend to do absolutely nothing today. Perhaps just a short , easy, gentle ride to keep the legs moving in preparation for the Bike Chester sportive on Sunday that I have signed up for. Otherwise, just a lazy day well deserved.
Mrs G says we need a new fridge but Currys can wait another day.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I just topped up the Hedgehog feeding station and clipped the lid back on. I was delighted to see the Hedgehog discover it within a few hours of setting it up at the bottom of hhe garden. I thought that the infra red video footage is really good, and then I had a thought, I wandered back down the garden, unclipped the lid, detached the camera and then peeled off the factory fitted protective film that had been protecting the lens. The picture is even sharper now 😂

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Boy oh boy. I think one of the farmers is muck spreading. Poooooeeee. xx(

Tenkaykev

Guru
We get that every year, bloody vile!

In my working life I occasionally worked on site at the Poole " Waste Water Facility " as well as getting to witness first hand the sh*t show that ensued once Wessex Water took over I also witnessed the occasional debacle. We've all seen the tankers that empty the septic tanks, when they are full they roll up at the Sewage works and attach a big hose to the waste inlet where the load then enters the treatment plant the same as when the domestic mains sewage arrives. At least it does if there isn't a malfunction and the site becomes ankle deep in human excrement as happened once when I was on site. Fortunately a quick text message to base and ten minutes later I was called back from site to deal with an " emergency "😁

screenman

Legendary Member
Anyway - the kitchen people are still here
I have asked if we can have the diskwasher working by the end of the day as it is not all that easy to wash plates etc in the toilet washbasin
and the dishwasher has stuff in it that has been there for 3 days now!!!!!
I am planning on putting it on a hot wash first then a proper hot wash after just to make sure it is OK - but the sooner the better

Looks like they are on schedule after a few delays caused by bits arriving late - but the sink and hob arrived this morning so the holes in the worktops can now be done
then it is just the tiling and door fronts I think

Weird thing is that the ceiling lights do not seem to have a way of changing a bulb
they are LED ones and the fitters say they have been using the same ones for a while and have never had a problem with them
they do have a reputation of fixing anything that goes wrong - even years after they did the job so I suppose they must be right (?)

just never had a light with a fixed bulb before!

Nearly all my downlighters are a sealed unit, never had a problem with them, anyway at £25 for a pack of 6 it is not a worry if they did start to go. I have about 35 of them around the house.

Top Bottom