The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
It's wet. It has poured down since 3.00. Today's excitement:
  • 8.00am - Wound dressing clinic to get wounds fixed
  • 9.00am - garden machinery shop to get strimmer fixed
  • 10.30am - Specsavers to get eyes fixed
Too much fixing going on. I shall catch up later when I'm fixed.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We are expecting lots of rain today. To be honest I'm not upset as it's been too hot. Hopefully the rain will cool things down a bit. :heat:

Screenshot_20240801_064840_BBC Weather.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning all 25c with showers today, a few dents and a food shop is part of today's plans. My back feels slightly better, so the beer did it's magic.

Speaking of beer, an impulse purchase of a four pack of Guinness Zero yesterday led to me sampling one last night. It's extraordinarily good, they've nailed the flavour and the mouth feel. I was a Guinness drinker for decades then drifted away to other beers when more independent brewers came to the market.

screenman

Legendary Member
Speaking of beer, an impulse purchase of a four pack of Guinness Zero yesterday led to me sampling one last night. It's extraordinarily good, they've nailed the flavour and the mouth feel. I was a Guinness drinker for decades then drifted away to other beers when more independent brewers came to the market.

I agree; I always keep some in stock here, mainly for the son's when they visit, their wives will jump straight to the Prosecco.

screenman

Legendary Member
Two Weetabix and a bacon sarnie for breakfast today.

classic33

Leg End Member
Coooooeeee. 16 deg here and it looks like we had a bit of rain overnight as well.

I can see mist over the forest as well. Today is the last hot day abs we are expecting thunderstorms thank god.

Stay safe peeps :hello:
Errr, wasn't this you yesterday?
Coooooeeeee. 16 deg here and 26 predicted for today. Thankfully it will be the last day as thunderstorms are predicted for tomorrow.

Stay safe peeps :hello:
Trainee Met Office forecaster!!

Top Bottom