The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Gentle 5 mile stroll done. I ended up with a horrible headache yesterday after my cycle. Exercising in warm weather just doesn’t agree with me no matter how much I drink or take electrolytes. Roll on autumn :laugh:

I will probably watch the men’s mountain biking this afternoon.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning,
Lots more hedgehog activity overnight, next step is a feeding station so I will walk in to Poole and get a large storage crate to convert. In other news Mrs Tkk is feeling below par so will be taking it easy today.
I phoned a good friend who lives in Spain, the walking groups he's a member of have paused for the next couple of months due to the heat, his wife says that she's had to pack up Padel, a game she plays on an air conditioned court but even then she finds it too humid. All due to start up again in September/ October and I have been invited to do the Benidorm 10k in November 🤔

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The cycling aspect of CC seems very quiet these days. Or is it just me?

I think people seem to have more diverse pastimes and hobbies these days. Probably more and more like me who are feeling less safe on the roads too and maybe cycling less than they used to. I have only been out about half a dozen times and only early in the morning. I would say it is something I enjoy occasionally now rather than being almost addicted several years ago.

I think people seem to have more diverse pastimes and hobbies these days. Probably more and more like me who are feeling less safe on the roads too and maybe cycling less than they used to. I have only been out about half a dozen times and only early in the morning. I would say it is something I enjoy occasionally now rather than being almost addicted several years ago.

Yes - it is good to see that you are getting out on it again though

as far as the cycling on cc - the yes - I have not been here for all that long but the number of cycling specific stuff does seem to have reduced

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think people on the forum are getting older and older and there aren't many new people joining. That could have something to do with people cycling less and talking more about other things.

Forums can and have to change with the people who are visiting. It's inevitable

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think people on the forum are getting older and older and there aren't many new people joining. That could have something to do with people cycling less and talking more about other things.

Forums can and have to change with the people who are visiting. It's inevitable

I quite like that there’ s other stuff gets discussed. There’s only so much bike related stuff you can discuss without it getting repeated over and over again.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I quite like that there’ s other stuff gets discussed. There’s only so much bike related stuff you can discuss without it getting repeated over and over again.

Exactly. To be honest I think just about everything cycling related has been posted about many many times over and its quite boring to hear the same thing over and over

Top Bottom