The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Why do builders do this? Most new homes have a boxed in void under the stairs rather than a cupboard. Probably just cost.

You just hit the nail on the head.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
it's quite
cool in my house .
When I built this house I put three large cupboards in the hall, they are all full. Rubbish accumulates to fill the space available.

Don't I know it.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all, it's a sunny, warm start to the day here.
The first of the bin lorries have been down the road, that's the recycling one. The general rubbish one will be down in a couple of hours time.
All the usual things to do, an early dog walk, domestics, and I'm hoping to get out on the bike for a while later on.

PaulSB

Squire
When I built this house I put three large cupboards in the hall, they are all full. Rubbish accumulates to fill the space available.
Oh this is so true. Mrs P likes to keep an awful lot of useless stuff. In the loft we have a portable TV with a built-in VHS player. In case we ever want to watch the family VHS recordings of the kids etc.

I spent many evenings digitising all the video tapes.............I could go on.........and on.......and on.......and........

screenman

Legendary Member
Oh this is so true. Mrs P likes to keep an awful lot of useless stuff. In the loft we have a portable TV with a built-in VHS player. In case we ever want to watch the family VHS recordings of the kids etc.

I spent many evenings digitising all the video tapes.............I could go on.........and on.......and on.......and........

I have six loft hatches. I think one might not have stuff behind it. My airing cupboard can be accessed from two rooms; it is also full. I often get complimented on how tidy I keep the house. They cannot see what is behind those cupboard doors. As soon as I am emotionally strong enough, I will commence the clearout, as I intend to downsize at some point in the future.

PaulSB

Squire
It is a glorious morning. A friend, looking on the glass half full side, said "oh well, it's a rubbish summer, you aren't missing much riding." Since then the weather in Lancashire has been beautiful 🤣🤣🤣

Today? #2 son was recently award PIP in place of DLA. This opens other doors so this morning will be spent applying for a blue badge, NOW card (free bus travel) and other stuff.

Meeting a friend around 11.30 at a favourite cafe. My cycling buddies are great. They're fitting the Monday meander rides around cafes I can easily drive to. It makes a real difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom