The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Little bit of shopping done. I had a total brain fart and managed to use the self service checkout, load my bags and walk out without paying. I was just outside the door and stuck my hand in my pocket to make sure my debit card was there, then it dawned on me I hadn’t used it! Ran straight back in and the till was still empty and my due amount still showing so managed to pay. I’m surprised some sort of alarm didn’t come up. Maybe it would have after a bit more time.

From now on, you will be known as MoShoplifter ;)

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
You iron your socks and tea towels!!!!! :laugh:

It's nice to have a flat, smooth tea towel before you screw it up and shove it in a wet cup :wacko:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
You iron your socks and tea towels!!!!! :laugh:

...and the sheets???

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I had a textfrom my son saying he will come and see me between 4 and 5. I said make it 5 pm as I intend to go for a long ride of about 3 hours . He replied saying : "You do know it is going to rain this afternoon. " No I said, my weather app says sunny all afternoon so see you later. Off I went then. 5 kms into my ride, guess what ? It started to rain so I turned round and headed back home.
How can two weather apps give different forecasts? I think I will download his app when he comes round later.
I am 29 kms short to achieve my target for this month so I hope we will have some dry weather before the 31st.

Top Bottom