The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
A dreadful night. Really bad stomach ache and sat up waiting to upchuck.
Eventually at 0330 I poured a brandy and port and sipped that till I fell asleep about 0430.
I feel numb now.
Haircut booked for 10.00

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Cooooeeee. 13 deg here and supposed to be a nice day.

I was up earlier but I got distracted and wandered off I'm another direction. I've only just remembered you lot :laugh:

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Oh and I have a load of washing in the machine that's coming to the end of the cycle so that will be put outside in a few minutes.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Cooooeeee. 13 deg here and supposed to be a nice day.

I was up earlier but I got distracted and wandered off I'm another direction. I've only just remembered you lot :laugh:

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Oh and I have a load of washing in the machine that's coming to the end of the cycle so that will be put outside in a few minutes.

Final warning, we told you about this before, we should be first in your thoughts.

PaulSB

Squire
How are we all? Bright and breezy is the order of the day in Lancashire. 8½ hours sleep!! Woke twice for a pee but not at all through stiffness or aches. Result!

I may venture on to my allotment, emphasis on "may". It is in a terrible state after five weeks of Paul's inactivity.

The last two evenings my knee has not been swollen and uncomfortable. This is progress. In more progress I feel like stretching. For the past year I've been with a PT. I have a 15 minute daily stretching routine and five days a week weights, core, strength and balance routines. The heavy stuff has been impossible the last few weeks but Monday and Wednesday I felt able to stretch. Today is the same. Then it's probably going to be:
  • Ironing
  • Sweep and mop
  • Admin - loads of PI stuff required
  • Bike and clothing claim
  • Someone should go out to buy veggies

classic33

Leg End Member
How are we all? Bright and breezy is the order of the day in Lancashire. 8½ hours sleep!! Woke twice for a pee but not at all through stiffness or aches. Result!

I may venture on to my allotment, emphasis on "may". It is in a terrible state after five weeks of Paul's inactivity.

The last two evenings my knee has not been swollen and uncomfortable. This is progress. In more progress I feel like stretching. For the past year I've been with a PT. I have a 15 minute daily stretching routine and five days a week weights, core, strength and balance routines. The heavy stuff has been impossible the last few weeks but Monday and Wednesday I felt able to stretch. Today is the same. Then it's probably going to be:
  • Ironing
  • Sweep and mop
  • Admin - loads of PI stuff required
  • Bike and clothing claim
  • Someone should go out to buy veggies
You'll be too busy with the other stuff, you'll have to send someone else.

Top Bottom