The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just enjoyed a small tuna and mayo butty with crisps.......I had forgotten how nice food could be. That was followed by pesto pasta with cheese.....also very. Nice.

Good to hear that you are starting to enjoy your food again Dave 😎

We have the grand kids for the night

Which is OK

except that we normally get them about 4 p.m. , bring them home and feed them then it is bed time for the little one, then th emiddle one then th ebig (she thinks!) one

but it was decided - and they checked we were ok with it several times - each - that their Mum would feed them
but we had to pick them up from the other gran and take them home
then their Mum would have their dinner (tea) ready
they could eat it and we could go home

But their Mum was just waiting
then launched negotiation about what they wanted they the UN would have thought were drawn out
then they had to eat it

so we have JUST got home now
which is pretty much bed time for the little one and he is now excited about being at ours and won;t calm down

wouldn;t mind but THEY wanted to feed the
and THEY insisted on the time plan
and THEY said many time that the food would be ready when the kids landed

still - mustn;t complain
when their Mum is listening (she has a bit of a "mother-in-law" complex and a bit of a " must be a perfect parent" complex

now

c a l m
c a l m
c a l m

note to self - shooting kids is illegal
note 2 - you do not have a gun

classic33

Leg End Member
We have the grand kids for the night

Which is OK

except that we normally get them about 4 p.m. , bring them home and feed them then it is bed time for the little one, then th emiddle one then th ebig (she thinks!) one

but it was decided - and they checked we were ok with it several times - each - that their Mum would feed them
but we had to pick them up from the other gran and take them home
then their Mum would have their dinner (tea) ready
they could eat it and we could go home

But their Mum was just waiting
then launched negotiation about what they wanted they the UN would have thought were drawn out
then they had to eat it

so we have JUST got home now
which is pretty much bed time for the little one and he is now excited about being at ours and won;t calm down

wouldn;t mind but THEY wanted to feed the
and THEY insisted on the time plan
and THEY said many time that the food would be ready when the kids landed

still - mustn;t complain
when their Mum is listening (she has a bit of a "mother-in-law" complex and a bit of a " must be a perfect parent" complex

now

c a l m
c a l m
c a l m

note to self - shooting kids is illegal
note 2 - you do not have a gun
Besides which, where would you hide the bodies!

screenman

Legendary Member
Just having a bread roll filled with crisps for dinner, I am having motivation problems this evening and cannot be bothered to cook. I have also just been let down for the third time this week by someone who keeps telling me they are coming tomorrow.

I have also worked hard this week to get everything done so that I can take my brother fishing tomorrow, his idea certainly not mine, any way I ring him tonight to confirm time etc, he tells me he cannot come as he has a Tesco delivery coming tomorrow, his wife will be in and apart from being extremely lazy there is nothing wrong with here. When did the human race start becoming so unreliable? I hear a beer calling my name.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just having a bread roll filled with crisps for dinner, I am having motivation problems this evening and cannot be bothered to cook. I have also just been let down for the third time this week by someone who keeps telling me they are coming tomorrow.

I have also worked hard this week to get everything done so that I can take my brother fishing tomorrow, his idea certainly not mine, any way I ring him tonight to confirm time etc, he tells me he cannot come as he has a Tesco delivery coming tomorrow, his wife will be in and apart from being extremely lazy there is nothing wrong with here. When did the human race start becoming so unreliable? I hear a beer calling my name.
Beer calling you?
What have you been drinking?

Top Bottom