The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks, a deep misty morning heralds a bright sunny day 🤞. Much excitement yesterday evening as our new 2K resolution " Hedgehog " camera alerted us to a visitor. Not the local cat having a nose this time, but Mrs Tiggywinkle in person. She hesitated at the threshold and then made her way inside. That's a result as the hedgehog house has only been in situ for a week or so.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning g all.
Yet another amazing sleep broken only for the need for a pee. I cannot explain what it's like night after night for my legs to be on fire and now.....nothing. oh joy.
I have to put it down to the 4 drips I was on addressing my massive mineral shortage.
Sat here with a cuppa and a ginger cookie.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning g all.
Yet another amazing sleep broken only for the need for a pee. I cannot explain what it's like night after night fir my legs to be on fire and now.....nothing. oh joy.
I have to put it down to the 4 drips I was on addressing my massive mineral shortage.
Sat here with a cuppa and a ginger cookie.

So is that it sorted out, or is there pills or supplements to take to ensure it doesn’t happen again?

Dave7

Legendary Member
So is that it sorted out, or is there pills or supplements to take to ensure it doesn’t happen again?

No, I am on my own now. I just have to make sure I keep eating. Sounds simple but I ate absolutely nothing for 3 weeks before going in.
Cannot recall the last cup of tea I had.
Yesterday I ate 3 meals......all small portions but I kept them all down which, again, is a 1st.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A sunny morning with some light, very high clouds greet me outside.
More of all the usual stuff to do today. I am still off the bike for another day or so, so I will potter around the garden.

PaulSB

Squire
Hello, people. A little grey and cool but I think the sun will appear and the day will be glorious. Quite a schedule today; u3a committee meeting, short IT training session, hospital OT appointment and then a meeting with my son's care providers. Busy, busy, busy. Phew!

I have decided to tell a short story. I could make it long. In the early part of '23 I was feeling more and more tired, irritable and grumpy. You know I left for a year or so. Aspects of CC, not this thread, wound me up. Every day I'd be annoyed by some posters. Stupid. It's the internet. This wasn't confined to CC but every area of my life. In short I was unhappy, not depressed but unhappy. Over several months and with the help of a strong friend I learned what made me unhappy. In the last 12 months I have dumped from my life everything which contributed to those feelings. Today, I concentrate on me, my family and friends. I'm back here because I enjoy this thread. It contributes to my life, I've junked everything that doesn't contribute positively to my life.

It's been cathartic. I understand what I want from the next, hopefully, 25-30 years and no bugger is going to get in the way! There. More catharsis. :laugh:

PaulSB

Squire
No, I am on my own now. I just have to make sure I keep eating. Sounds simple but I ate absolutely nothing for 3 weeks before going in.
Cannot recall the last cup of tea I had.
Yesterday I ate 3 meals......all small portions but I kept them all down which, again, is a 1st.

I like the sound of this. Eating is good. I often think it must be difficult to only cook for oneself. I find being accountable to others can be a big driver to do things. Have you thought that if you commit to telling a family member, friend what you have eaten every day that committment or accountability might help avoid dropping back to not eating?

Dave7

Legendary Member
I like the sound of this. Eating is good. I often think it must be difficult to only cook for oneself. I find being accountable to others can be a big driver to do things. Have you thought that if you commit to telling a family member, friend what you have eaten every day that committment or accountability might help avoid dropping back to not eating?

Yes......I have to make a regular report ^_^
I am told I have to stretch my stomach as it will have shrunk.

Top Bottom