The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Been thinking, as I sometimes do.
Does sit rep = situation report,?
Couple of improvements which you will be so thrilled to know :smile:
In recent weeks my urine had gone very dark yellow, almost brown. Today it was clear.......I was happy with that.
2nd is I am slowly starting to eat more and actually enjoy it. Still nowhere near enough but better.
Big test will be on Monday when I have a scan and an ultra sound as they are looking at intestinal and liver problems.
I will bore you whe I know more.
Oh.......they have just put me on a new drip so that's 4.

All positive news pal.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Why don't you kill 2 birds with one stone and trim Vicky's Bush.
Just a thought.

I've got just the tool for that....

IMG_20240720_114925382.jpg

Picked them up for free in Minehead this morning - non runners he said.
I'll see about that I said!
Got them home and had both running within 10 minutes.
Will be on FB next week - 40 quid each - Thankyou very much. :smile:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I've got just the tool for that....

View attachment 738229

Picked them up for free in Minehead this morning - non runners he said.
I'll see about that I said!
Got them home and had both running within 10 minutes.
Will be on FB next week - 40 quid each - Thankyou very much. :smile:

These posts remind me of one of my drinking pals, and, his extravagant daughter. Daughter kept complaining that vacuum cleaners didn't last long, before ceasing to work. She would pass them to Dad (my pal) to "look at". In the mean-time, daughter would buy a new vacuum. Pal would "repair" old vacuum (usually, change /clean filter), and "old" vacuum worked. He had a collection of about 10 almost new, fully working vacuums in his garage :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mr WD visists an acquaintance who lives in the village. Her husband passed away a couple of years ago abd Mr WD helps her to move logs, cut hedges etc. He went down the other day and she wasn't wasl. Another neighbour from across the road came over and passed a Covid test to her. They both now have Covid. Luckily Mr WD stayed well away from her and didn't stay long.

Fingers crossed he is OK

classic33

Leg End Member
In recent weeks my urine had gone very dark yellow, almost brown. Today it was clear.......I was happy with that.
2nd is I am slowly starting to eat more and actually enjoy it. Still nowhere near enough but better.
Big test will be on Monday when I have a scan and an ultra sound as they are looking at intestinal and liver problems.
How'd you feel about a fifth?
50388504108_b7933ae523_z.jpg

Get yer iron levels up, if nowt else.

classic33

Leg End Member
Size episodes of Yellowstone today.

I need to live somewhere I can wear a cowboy hat.
Become a trendsetter. Be the first to start wearing one to council meetings, in council pictures...

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning

Just catching up after coming back from hols, hope everything goes okay for you, get well and keep us updated when you can.

Top Bottom