The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
You don’t get much peace in hospitals that’s for sure. Hope they are getting to the bottom of what’s happening and you are home soon.

If that's where they're looking it could be too much info......

Drago

Legendary Member
1st things 1st. I want to thank e eryone for their kind words of support.....it really means a lot.
In a nutshell.
I took 6 hours to get onto the ward. Blinking eck they are shoving all sorts of medication into me..
Eventually got to bed by 11 and was immediately woken... it is like picadilly station
Had a crap night with 2 new arrivals (one with constant cough)
Just got to sleep and I was woken at 2 for heart and BP check.
Back to sleep when I was woken at 3 for another ECG
4 times I was woken while they changed the drip.
The 6.30 they woke me to take yet more blood.
I am drained
But alive 🙂

Seems a bit extreme for a simple penectomy, but I guess at your age you can't be too careful.

Seriously though, you hang in there. We need you back in here speaking full time nonsense, stat.

Drago

Legendary Member
My neighbours over the road recommended that to me. Might give it a try sometime. I have got so much to catch up on as it is. I still haven’t got round to watching Blue Lights yet either, but with the Olympics starting at the weekend that will take up most of my telly watching.

It's absolutely brilliant. It's like a mafia series, but instead of gangsters it's all cowboys. Never rated Kevic Costner but he absolutely nails it as Jim Dutton, the head of the family. Daughter #3 got me into it and I've now subscribed to Paramount+ for a year so I can watch it all.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Pleasantly warm but cloudy, big doors open and rather lovely whilst sitting here reading my Kindle - Judas 62 by Charles Cumming, which is rather good.

Mrs SD still flaked out in bed, and snoring, which is unusual.

Something bit me in the night and I have a large, and very sore, red lump on my right forearm. I will scoff an anti-histamine shortly.

I have 'videos' to review this morning. Mrs SD decided that her efforts last night lip-syncing to Paloma Faith's Sweatpants & Twisting to Chubby Checkers old classic, simply had to be recorded. Closet exhibitionist that she is.

Can't wait for the TdF's last big stage later on - have really enjoyed the race this year.

Other than that, plus some more merriment tonight, today is designated as a major league dossing day.

We have no problem whatsoever with giving ourselves permission to 'do nothing'.

PaulSB

Squire
I didn't tell you all. In truth there's probably a 100 pages of stuff. I got a Facebook like from Nils Lofgren!

So........I hear you all say. Well, OK. I've been a Nils fan since '77. He's probably the most under rated guitar player of the past 50 years. Great song writer. He plays guitar in the E Street Band. I met him a couple of times on his solo UK tours.

To the point. Ahead of Bruce's Cardiff gig there was FB discussion. I commented I wanted to hear "The Ghost of Tom Joad" I got a 👍 from Nils.

.......yes, I did screenshot it. I may be 70 but I still have heroes.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Morning folks :okay: enjoyed a hilly ride yesterday, one downhill section feels like bombing down a ski slope :laugh: i pedal like crazy [spin out] to keep momentum to climb as it rises again like a uphill ski slope- good fun :okay:
I do admire cyclist that look the biz ie good bike/kit and exude a vibe of experience/fitness though it does make me feel like a 'Bash street kid' :laugh: Anyhow i was cresting a rise when a oncoming cyclist whizzed past giving a nod as she went...poetry in motion! Fully loaded but she sure wasnt hanging about and had just dismissed the toughest hill like it was nothing and went past with a whir and a whoosh :ohmy:

There is an 86 year old doing LEJOG, perhaps it was her? 😊

screenman

Legendary Member
I hope Dave does not mind me writing this, I have had a nice message from his family saying how much they appreciate our concern for him. There again, who could not be concerned about such a nice entertaining guy.

1st things 1st. I want to thank e eryone for their kind words of support.....it really means a lot.
In a nutshell.
I took 6 hours to get onto the ward. Blinking eck they are shoving all sorts of medication into me..
Eventually got to bed by 11 and was immediately woken... it is like picadilly station
Had a crap night with 2 new arrivals (one with constant cough)
Just got to sleep and I was woken at 2 for heart and BP check.
Back to sleep when I was woken at 3 for another ECG
4 times I was woken while they changed the drip.
The 6.30 they woke me to take yet more blood.
I am drained
But alive 🙂

Nice to hear from you

We are all thinking of you

Take care

Mo1959

Legendary Member
17th in my age group on a short sprint. :laugh:

Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 10.41.01.png

Top Bottom