The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have one of these plug in smelly things which is Lavender I have it on two hours before I go to bed, I don't know if it makes you sleep any better, but it smalls nice

I could do with one of those. Stick it up my arse, it'd be like a fragrant silencer for my farts.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Forgot to mention before
but the other day we had a message saying a parcel had been delivered
no sign of it
couldn;t initially get hold of the photo so I decided to check with the neighbours

Went next door and rang they Ring Doorbell thingy

no response for a while when I saw a figure nip past the frosted glass in the door
a few seconds later the bloke appeared wearing a sort of wolly poncho and bare legs

there was sounds of footsteps upstairs
He shouted up to ask his wife if she had anything - she came down wearing a pyjama thing - light cotton one with shorts

the sort you can put on quickly

both looked rather damp and the background of a shower had stopped just before she came down

whoops

think I might have disturbed something!!!

Spoilsport 😊

I have one of these plug in smelly things which is Lavender I have it on two hours before I go to bed, I don't know if it makes you sleep any better, but it smalls nice

They can help with sleep if they use genuine Lavender
but the ones that just smell like it do just that - smell like it

there are some where you add water and put a few drops of pure Lavender oil in - then light a candle thing or switch on a heater

at least then you know what is in it

Dave7

Legendary Member
They can help with sleep if they use genuine Lavender
but the ones that just smell like it do just that - smell like it

there are some where you add water and put a few drops of pure Lavender oil in - then light a candle thing or switch on a heater

at least then you know what is in it

My wife was known as lavender Sue. She used it for everything.
At her funeral all the males wore lavender ties and everyone wore a sprig of lavender.
Oh.......we knew someone who imported top quality oils.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Wibble now assembled. Just needs a ride out when I'm recovered to fine tune the gears and stoppers.

View attachment 738013

And with my venerable old Felt roadie.

View attachment 738014

I should have shares in Tiagra.

Very nice, but I see they are stopping making that one. A new All Road bike is replacing both that and their Endurance model which I have.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well the "nurse" has been. Turns out he is as qualified as a Doctor.
Very thorough. Took my bloods which will determine where we go next.

Drago

Legendary Member
Very nice, but I see they are stopping making that one. A new All Road bike is replacing both that and their Endurance model which I have.

Aye, I don't think it's long to go. I noticed they'd dropped the price by 400 sheets so I ordered one, and now the price is back up again. I think the frame is quite an old offering now so wouldn't be surprised if the model goes.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Its a lovely day here.

I've had the leftover casserole from yesterday. There was only enough for 1 so Mr WD said he would sacrifice it for me and that he will just have bread and cheese. Sounds like a hardship doesn't it, but in fact it's a cheese, onion, tomatoe and Mayo sandwich . Of course he will tell everyone that it was just bread and cheese to garner sympathy from Anyone.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Its a lovely day here.

I've had the leftover casserole from yesterday. There was only enough for 1 so Mr WD said he would sacrifice it for me and that he will just have bread and cheese. Sounds like a hardship doesn't it, but in fact it's a cheese, onion, tomatoe and Mayo sandwich . Of course he will tell everyone that it was just bread and cheese to garner sympathy from Anyone.

I’m having Ryvita with sweet chilli hummus and tomato. I’m trying to eat a bit less at lunchtime.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I just found out that you can take cuttings from lavender. I now have a pot. Watch this space. 😆

It might turn out to be a disaster 😆

View attachment 738007

IMG_6131.jpeg

There's many dozens of bees at the moment, bees love lavender so we try to grow it in any available space

Top Bottom