The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I ought to pull my finger out and assemble this.

PXL_20240717_134318085.jpg

PaulSB

Squire
Over 4 years ago I got what I thought was flu. Turned out to be covid/long covid.
With it came all the normal problems of fatigue, muscle loss, balance etc. Sadly is escalated in the last month.
Been in hospital several times to be told I had lost 3 1/2 stone in a month.
Sadly there is no cure for it.

I well remember your difficulties with long covid. As I haven't been around much I didn't appreciate the balance/walking problems had accelerated to this degree.

You have all my best wishes.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Popped into M&S to get some nibbles for this evening. While I was ambling around my phone rang! It's a very rare occurrence, but this was a recording telling me that HMRC were about to issue a warrant for my arrest. I could prevent this by pressing "1". I didn't bother, just waiting for the knock on the door...

Over 4 years ago I got what I thought was flu. Turned out to be covid/long covid.
With it came all the normal problems of fatigue, muscle loss, balance etc. Sadly is escalated in the last month.
Been in hospital several times to be told I had lost 3 1/2 stone in a month.
Sadly there is no cure for it.

Sorry to hear about your fall

I had a problem many years ago where my knee was bu*****d
couldn;t get up using my other the other had problems with my ankle/Achilles
I was OK walking but if I toppled over - which was quite easy with neither leg working properly I was unable to get up without something to climb onto
and I lived alone and no-one likely to come and find me

I ended up going around and making sure every room had something in it that I could use to get up - I had cushions on the floor by the side of the sofa so I could drag them around and use them to get on the sofa
Upstairs was OK as I just had to get to the stairs and stick my legs over

It was a pain but it worked

That was only for a few weeks - but it needed doing

Hope you find something that helps

🤗🤗🤗

Dave7

Legendary Member
Popped into M&S to get some nibbles for this evening. While I was ambling around my phone rang! It's a very rare occurrence, but this was a recording telling me that HMRC were about to issue a warrant for my arrest. I could prevent this by pressing "1". I didn't bother, just waiting for the knock on the door...

Very kind of them really to let you know.

Let us know when you get locked up
we will get together and send a cake with a file in it!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

We ( or at least @numbnuts ) will send you a cake, with a file in it. 😊

Top Bottom