The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello - I seem to have missed a few days

anyway - today I was up early - for me - downstairs by 7:15

so decided to have breakfast and then go out for a ride

took a short cut because I was worried about time - we have to go and pick the youngest grand kid up
the shortcut include going across a level crossing over a main line track - hand operated gates and lights and sirens and all that

all clear so I went across - in spite of one of the gate being hauted - I could tell by the random banging in spite of no wind!!!

anyway - got across and was just starting off and the lights and siren started up
so - naturally I stopped and waited to watch the choo choo

as it approached I waved at it like an idiot

AND THE DRIVER TOOTED THE HORN!!!!

SOOOOO pleased

must tell the 11 year old when I pick her up from school - preferably in front of her friends!!!
gotta keep up the concept of embarrassing Pops that she so loves!

PaulSB

Squire
Slowly but surely I'm being reeled back in. Good morning all from a beautiful sunny Lancashire morning..........which I'm spending in orthopedics! The consultant agrees with me, I don't have a broken finger. I have three broken fingers. That's upped the PI claim by £6000. 🤣

Most of my injuries are healing well, so can't complain.

Ten years ago today I set off on a ride. St. Malo to Nice, eventually I had to "divert" to Bordeaux. It became apparent I wasn't going to reach Nice in time for a planned birthday celebration. Rode to Bordeaux instead and caught a train to Nice.

It was a very fine adventure.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just an update.
I have bored you my walking/balance problems. Yesterday was bad and I had 3 close calls.
Today I went one better and went ar*e over tit in conservatory.
Only my SAS training and lightning reflexes saved me from damage.
Problem I have is that once I am down my legs aren't strong enough to get me back up. Fortunately I was able to crawl to the settee and drag myself up.
Nothing broken and all's well that ends well.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just an update.
I have bored you my walking/balance problems. Yesterday was bad and I had 3 close calls.
Problem I have is that once I am down my legs aren't strong enough to get me back up. Fortunately I was able to crawl to the settee and drag myself up.
Did your SAS training save you from spilling your cuppa?

Seriously, hope you're okay.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just an update.

Is it today that the District Nurse visits?

Or am I confused?

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 I'm sorry I didn't know about your walking/balance difficulty. Could you enlighten me?
Over 4 years ago I got what I thought was flu. Turned out to be covid/long covid.
With it came all the normal problems of fatigue, muscle loss, balance etc. Sadly is escalated in the last month.
Been in hospital several times to be told I had lost 3 1/2 stone in a month.
Sadly there is no cure for it.

Top Bottom