The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Should UPS have dropped a parcel off to you?

I'd rest awhile, too much thinking early in the day has been proven to make you tired earlier in the evening.

Yes on the UPS bit, they deliver most weeks. I will take on board your advice on the resting bit, once I have done the housework, fixed some dents, been shopping. been out on the bike and been for a swim. Have great day.

SWMBO had a "dicky tummy" yesterday evening
and mine seems a bit dodgy this morning

wonder what we ate that might have been off???

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. Hard labour for me this morning. We have a 15 square meters lawn at the front of the house and we want to remove it and cover the area with slate to match the parking space for the car. That will give us parking for 3 vehicles for visitors and no more lawn cutting either. I have done half of it and that's it for today.
Had a shower, going to have lunch shortly and then settle down for the TdF later.

Attachments

• 20240712_124745.jpg
    20240712_124745.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 7

classic33

Leg End Member
:hello: I'm not well again :sad: I even have a temperature of 101, last night I had bouts of shivering and hot sweats and had a weird dream
I was trying to find Graham Hill in the fog before he crashed........crazy.
Hope you're feeling better sooner than later, and should you go looking, you find what you're looking for.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Should UPS have dropped a parcel off to you?

I'd rest awhile, too much thinking early in the day has been proven to make you tired earlier in the evening.

One reason why we bought a house with a long drive - at a squeeze we can get 6 in a row on it.

Good luck with your project!

screenman

Legendary Member
One reason why we bought a house with a long drive - at a squeeze we can get 6 in a row on it.

Good luck with your project!

I would like a house with a shorter drive, two ton of gravel needed each year just to keep it looking tidy. I could not say how many it could fit in, too many is my view. I promised my sons I would not put the house on the market for a year, I am counting the days down.

Come to think about it, where does the gravel go?

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I would like a house with a shorter drive, two ton of gravel needed each year just to keep it looking tidy. I could not say how many it could fit in, too many is my view. I promised my sons I would not put the house on the market for a year, I am counting the days down.

Come to think about it, where does the gravel go?
You're simply returning it to whence it came. Two tons a year isn't much when you consider the size of the earth.

Top Bottom