The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A cloudy day in prospect.
I'll be out on the bike for a while later on after Millie has been walked.
I need to get some provisions from the local shops for tea this evening.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Morning all.
The weather here is no too bad at the moment . It’s not that warm but at least the sun is out and it’s dry.
Which is good as we are packing up mrs exlasers boat so she can go do a open meeting in Maidenhead on Sunday. This means no sailing for me this weekend, which means no exercise which is bad for my physical health. On the other hand the the weather forecast is terrible ( very little wind ) so not sailing will help my mental health no end as I hate sailing in those conditions anyway .😀
In fact its gets better as I will watch mrs exlaser and her competition drift around , I can sip my cold glass of wine ( don’t tell my doctor ) while surfing the web for boats as I am thinking of changing boat/ class again ( don’t tell Mrs exlaser 😂😂)
Have a good day everyone

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning again. It’s still really nice here but to dull over later. 7.5 miles pleasant walk done. I heard footsteps running behind me and it was one of the local runners I know so he slowed to a walk for 5 minutes for a blether before setting off again. He’s probably about ages with me, but has been a runner all his life and still puts in excellent times.

Porridge with banana this morning and time for a big mug of decaf now.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have run right out of positive energy, I shall have look on Amazon to see if I can buy any. On another note if that blxxdy blackbird does not stop scrounging he is going to end up wrapped in pastry,
Along with the other four and nineteen?

screenman

Legendary Member
IMG_20240605_090543.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
We have been feeding him currants and sultanas I do not know how many times a day since pre covid, he can fill a pie on his own, a right little fatty.
Have you ever considered that there might be more than one you're feeding.
After the first few times, it spread the word that there was free food, served up as well, at your place. Now its mates are turning up, and spreading the word further afield...

Chief Broom

Veteran
I have run right out of positive energy, I shall have look on Amazon to see if I can buy any. On another note if that blxxdy blackbird does not stop scrounging he is going to end up wrapped in pastry,
Ive been feeding a blackbird flapjack which it really likes...and now every time i go out it arrives and says [more or less] 'where's me flapjack' :laugh: and now it doesnt wait for me to come out with it he follows me and hops about in the kitchen :laugh:
*osprey at the mouth of the river Brora this morning

Top Bottom