The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Stuff to do today as we will have a houseful next week.
Weather's looking decent, so it'll be garden tidying duties for me today.
We have a Tawny owl that's recently claimed our front garden. He's there every night now.

Screenshot_20240711_080536_Tapo~2.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
My large jar of coffee worked out costing me 12.5p per day.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all fellow retirees.
The sun is shining and all is well with the world.🤔
Even the England summarisers agreed it wasn’t a penalty.Although Kanes act of being hit by a 20ton truck deserved actor of the year award

He was limping around like he had a broken foot until the penalty was awarded, suddenly he had the ball on the spot and the limp on his right foot, the shooting foot, had miraculously disappeared. What a trooper to step up for the penalty with an injured foot.🤔

screenman

Legendary Member
Can’t say I’ve ever worked it out. I drink Nescafe decaf and the 300g jar seems to vary anything between £9 and £6 when there’s offers on so I usually wait for that. I use a big mug and it needs a generous heaped spoonful so I get through it pretty quickly.

You drink the same as I do. I wrote the day I opened it on the cap just to see how long it lasted.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all fellow retirees.
The sun is shining and all is well with the world.🤔

He was limping around like he had a broken foot until the penalty was awarded, suddenly he had the ball on the spot and the limp on his right foot, the shooting foot, had miraculously disappeared. What a trooper to step up for the penalty with an injured foot.🤔

So much cheating going on in every game I have watched.

pawl

Legendary Member
We’re Off to Thurulaston garden centre this morning for breakfast.Should go On Monday they do a pensioners special Before Classic says it .Tight sod:laugh::laugh::laugh:o

Tenkaykev

Guru
Can’t say I’ve ever worked it out. I drink Nescafe decaf and the 300g jar seems to vary anything between £9 and £6 when there’s offers on so I usually wait for that. I use a big mug and it needs a generous heaped spoonful so I get through it pretty quickly.

We buy 1Kg bags of Coffee beans direct from Melitta. Every few months they have a sale where the price drops to £10 per Kg, with free delivery for orders over £50 ( actually the devious devils price it at £9.99 per Kg so you have to add to the order to get free postage )
A Kg lasts about three weeks.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
:hello: Morning, my cold is no better and I had to get up early this morning to take the car to the garage, then had to walk home, later I'll have to do the same in reverse, but taking my wallet with me :sad:

That reminded me to check when my car is due an MOT. 20th August. I’d better book it in at the end of the month as he’s always busy. It’s the first one so shouldn’t be any problems hopefully.

Top Bottom