The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: doesnt look very inspiring out there but dry at least
Pleased with my derailleur upgrade-very smooth and have a good usable range of gears with a 11-36t cassette 42 chainring. A Trek fx3 is 11-46, 40 chainring which would have been too low if i had bought one.
Have seagulls nesting on the roof which im not too bothered about though my washing on the line is at risk..:rolleyes:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks, today is " The Great Dorset Bike Ride " in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support " some of the routes use our local trailway so I expect that to be busy. We haven't entered it this year, a lot of family stuff going on at the moment and we need to be ready to help out at the drop of a hat if necessary. Meanwhile I have a Hedgehog house incoming from a friend who works for our local Hedgehog rescue charity. I have taken the wireless video doorbell from the nest box and will rig it up in the hedgehog box, hopefully the hole I cut in the base of the fence will encourage them to visit.
Speaking of accommodation, when Mrs Tkk got a place in the GNR we immediately booked a hotel for the weekend of the run. It cost almost twice as much as we paid on a previous visit but that's sort of understandable due to supply and demand. Mrs Tkk is on a GNR discussion forum, lots of people looking for accommodation in the area and advice being given re using University halls of residence etc. There's several people who had previously booked Air BnB only to have their booking cancelled, then seeing the same accommodation advertised at a much higher price. 🥲

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
I've been awake for a couple of hours, the sun was shining and the sky was clear. (Too bright to early) as my old Boys Brigade Captain used to say.
It's now clouding over, with more rain forecast for late this morning and this afternoon.
I'll cycle up to the library later and return the book I have just finished, as a member I can get in even if the library is not staffed. There are self service hours, and staffed opening hours.
I also need to get some carpet cleaning liquid as I'm going to give the carpets a quick clean this afternoon.
Another busy day in paradise. :cuppa:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. I was up early as usual. It’s currently dry, bright but cool here.

A pleasant, peaceful perambulation has been done. :smile:

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 08.20.05.png

Top Bottom