The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
WoW.... sounds complicated.

I think it might be resolved. The subwoofer is in my garage, and without it no one will hear their new bassist. They buy me out, they can have it back. If they don't, well...

I think the reality of that is dawning on them.

pawl

Legendary Member
Last day in Hunstanton Been a good week with reasonable weather,

Just returned home looks like the garden needs a little attention

DEB58218-46AF-4646-8F16-F79C90C9C9E8.jpeg

8FD09C94-9BE9-4CAE-85E3-79B394C0D601.jpeg

DEB58218-46AF-4646-8F16-F79C90C9C9E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Last day in Hunstanton Been a good week with reasonable weather,

Just returned home looks like the garden needs a little attention

View attachment 736691

View attachment 736703

View attachment 736691

I think it might be resolved. The subwoofer is in my garage, and without it no one will hear their new bassist. They buy me out, they can have it back. If they don't, well...

I think the reality of that is dawning on them.

I'm a bit behind so only just catching up on your saga

Just wanted to say good luck - and try not to let it stress you out

Exlaser2

Veteran
Evening all . I hope you are all doing ok .😀😀

Today was kinda taken up with climbing.

The Grand daughter(11) is quite keen on it - problem is that she is not at all fit and quite overweight but she loves it
want to be an Olympic climber - not really sure how to tell her she has almost no chance

but without killling off her enthusiasm

I suspect she like it because we encourage her and find things to praise
when at home her parents are more concerned with the SEN 6 year old and very active 3 year old brothers

I would like to start doing it with her but I am scared of height, have no strength in my finger or wrists or forearms (get better quickly after that)

Also my balance is dodgy

so - all in all - it is one of the worst sports for me to try
but part of me thinks it might be a good idea as she would see someone worse than her

she "discovered" today that I have played lots of sports in the past
such as tennis (I was rubbish - see comments about arm strength), badminton (not bad until plantar fasciitis messed that up) sailing (much better) windsurfing (in warm waters - but I got reasonable at times)
Oh - and I climbed up loads of mountain
I was a bit disappointed when she was so surprised!

I am planning on taking her round Llyn Idwal if the weather is ever suitable in the summer
she has never really been anywhere away from a road and cars and building - her Mum likes there to be shops nearby!!!
I gues she has only know me over the last few years really after I sort of got older

classic33

Leg End Member
Today was kinda taken up with climbing.

The Grand daughter(11) is quite keen on it - problem is that she is not at all fit and quite overweight but she loves it
want to be an Olympic climber - not really sure how to tell her she has almost no chance

but without killling off her enthusiasm

I suspect she like it because we encourage her and find things to praise
when at home her parents are more concerned with the SEN 6 year old and very active 3 year old brothers

I would like to start doing it with her but I am scared of height, have no strength in my finger or wrists or forearms (get better quickly after that)

Also my balance is dodgy

so - all in all - it is one of the worst sports for me to try
but part of me thinks it might be a good idea as she would see someone worse than her

she "discovered" today that I have played lots of sports in the past
such as tennis (I was rubbish - see comments about arm strength), badminton (not bad until plantar fasciitis messed that up) sailing (much better) windsurfing (in warm waters - but I got reasonable at times)
Oh - and I climbed up loads of mountain
I was a bit disappointed when she was so surprised!

I am planning on taking her round Llyn Idwal if the weather is ever suitable in the summer
she has never really been anywhere away from a road and cars and building - her Mum likes there to be shops nearby!!!
I gues she has only know me over the last few years really after I sort of got older
With regards your concern on the weight issue and climbing. Maybe she'll realise herself she might do better if she wasn't as heavy, but don't let it put her off.
Regular exercise can reduce the weight, increase muscle mass, and most of all let her realise that there is stuff that she can do. Most of it she'll never have even considere or even thought about.

With regards your concern on the weight issue and climbing. Maybe she'll realise herself she might do better if she wasn't as heavy, but don't let it put her off.
Regular exercise can reduce the weight, increase muscle mass, and most of all let her realise that there is stuff that she can do. Most of it she'll never have even considere or even thought about.

Yes - but that is the problem
she has 2 brothers that a problematic

and she has no friends that live nearby - as yet
and her parents are quite protective so she is no allowed to do things like running on her own

so she spends alot of time on her iPad and writing stories about a character she has made up - the stories are actually quite good!

but not much to help her loose weight

Top Bottom