The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning all, another fresh autumnal day here.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning all from a rainy Barnet.
All the usual stuff to do today, plus I'll set the turbo up in the shed and have an hour on that with some music playing.
I'm meeting the others of the escape committee this afternoon. It will be my first pint of the week, as I'm on a bit of a diet. I've lost 5 kilos already since last week. I was getting a bit too heavy.

5 kilos in a week? I wouldn’t have thought that was even possible!

Tenkaykev

Guru
Well that was rather splendid. My dentist Dr Annetta was her usual cheerful self, my teeth were fine and she coated them with a fluoride gel. The only downside was that I had just purchased a new Philips Sonicare toothbrush, one of the more basic models ( 3100 ) but fine for my needs. I did the usual online / local shops price comparison and the cheapest I could get was £32. Sitting in the dentist reception I spotted a display of Philps toothbrushes all at reduced prices. The model I had just purchased was on offer at £20 😮

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Not sure I want to keep using self checkouts! :laugh:

449193802_448882954780820_4736787487124102524_n.jpeg

Tenkaykev

Guru
5 kilos in a week? I wouldn’t have thought that was even possible!

Unless on a starvation diet combined with extended vigorous exercise a fair bit of that will be fluid loss . Still a commendable achievement 😎

Drago

Legendary Member
Well that was rather splendid. My dentist Dr Annetta was her usual cheerful self, my teeth were fine and she coated them with a fluoride gel. The only downside was that I had just purchased a new Philips Sonicare toothbrush, one of the more basic models ( 3100 ) but fine for my needs. I did the usual online / local shops price comparison and the cheapest I could get was £32. Sitting in the dentist reception I spotted a display of Philps toothbrushes all at reduced prices. The model I had just purchased was on offer at £20 😮

Haven't been to a dentist since I was 14.

I had some teeh removed, which I suspect weren't actually needing removal. It was a big op, done under a general, but the eejuts didn't put me out properly and I felt the lot but was unable to move or speak. Well, they can screw that for a game of soldiers if they think I'm ever letting those butchers neer me again.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks its a grey old day here, feels like autumn :rolleyes:
Have been fixing my new 10 speed components which all appear to be working fine....no problems and theres a first!:laugh:
I did wonder if the chain is too slack, if i remove 2 links it could be too tight hmmm Pics are in top and bottom gears.
ps will cut of excess cable wire when i know its all tickety boo :okay:
DSCF6028.JPG

DSCF6027.JPG

DSCF6026.JPG

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Top Bottom