The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was planning to stay up and watch the results come in

But it seems that the wife's son - AKA the grand kids Dad - has stubbed his toe and can;t wear shoes
and hence can;t go to work but will be working from home

but having a very active 3 year old at home might make that rather difficult so I need to go up and bring him back here at 9:30

so going to bed at about 4 or 5 is probably not a good idea any more!

Guess I'll just have to catch up on the results in the morning!!!

Dave7

Legendary Member
In that case, we will add you to the list; mind you, no matter who we talk about, it will only be nice things said about all of you.

Oh you have ruined it now.
That welsh woman is a nasty piece of work.....I will need to call her some bad things

It’s…. Um….. “warm” today…. I’m headed for the pool.

IMG_0275.jpeg

good thing it’s overcast, or it would be ugly out there.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, a clay pigeon shooting day for me, also a Pal popping in for a beer this evening, so a nice social day ahead.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning from a rainy grey Poole. I have a dental appointment at 08:40. I had planned to walk the three miles or so but don't want to arrive soggy so will take the bus. As it's pre 09:30 it will cost me £2:00 , a trifling amount considering the convenience.
Plan to wander in to Poole after my appointment as there's something I want to pick up. I can't at the moment remember what that something is, but hopefully it will come to me 🤔☕️☔️🦷

so will take the bus. As it's pre 09:30 it will cost me £2:00 , a trifling amount considering the convenience.
Reminds me of the ‘twirly birds’ that I remember from my Birmingham childhood ! Chancing the bus at 09.29 asking ‘is it too early ?’ :smile:
I hadn’t realised that such restrictions still applied in some places all those decades later.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all from a rainy Barnet.
All the usual stuff to do today, plus I'll set the turbo up in the shed and have an hour on that with some music playing.
I'm meeting the others of the escape committee this afternoon. It will be my first pint of the week, as I'm on a bit of a diet. I've lost 5 kilos already since last week. I was getting a bit too heavy.

Top Bottom