The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spent the afternoon watching a surprisingly watchable Tour TT stage :smile:

Sadly, I now have an empty bottle. Beinn Dubh from the Speyside Distillery. It was very nice while it lasted.
IMG_3386.jpeg

screenman

Legendary Member
Has he fixed the NHS yet? Asking for a friend who has an appointment on Tuesday.

Used to get that warm in the shop. No air conditioning, or airflow through the building.

Yeah, I used to work in a shop like that. Some of the automated CNC machining centers would shut down automatically at about 105F as their internal sensors said it was to hot to hold the required tolerances ( bearing components ) so the old German guy would fire up one of the manual Bridgeport mills and keep working. Rumour had it he wore nothing under his tatty old shop coat…

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yeah, I used to work in a shop like that. Some of the automated CNC machining centers would shut down automatically at about 105F as their internal sensors said it was to hot to hold the required tolerances ( bearing components ) so the old German guy would fire up one of the manual Bridgeport mills and keep working. Rumour had it he wore nothing under his tatty old shop coat…

Bridgport machines are a blast from the past. :laugh:

Top Bottom