The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Night everyone.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Yet another quiet day in store.
Rain forecast for later.
Must try and fill the bird feeders, if I can get my legs moving.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
A 5k walk yesterday, today I shall try a short run/ walk and hopefully build back up. I have taken photos of Mrs Tkk's touring bike which will be sold and the money put towards another folder.
The discussion about buses made me realise that we are truly fortunate to live in an area with a good bus service. We're less than a couple of hundred metres from a bus route that has services to Poole / Wimborne/ Bournemouth direct, and run every 15 minutes. A 20 minute walk and we can intercept the Poole / Swanage bus that follows an extremely pretty route via Corfe Castle into Swanage, or go into Poole and catch an open top bus that also goes to Swanage but goes via the Sandbanks ferry and Studland 😎. I got my bus pass at 60, it's been renewed 3 times ( they still use the original photo )
Anyway, enough of my blethering, time for a third coffee ☕️☕️☕️
Have a peaceful day folks ☀️😎✌️

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Just the riverside trail this morning and nipped into the Co-op on the way home.

@Dave7 Was it you who asked for my verdict on the Simon Howie Lorne sausage? I thought it was nice, so bought another pack plus a pack of sliced haggis to try.

This must be the coolest summer we have had for a few years. I don’t mind personally as I prefer it, but I know the majority of peeps will be disappointed.

Not sure I’ll watch much of the cycling this afternoon as it’s a flat stage. I might just try and catch the last few miles.

Good morning all, cool but dry just now.
Like @Tenkaykev we are lucky to have an excellent bus service here, an arm’s length operator owned by the council. We’re five miles from town on the edge of the Pentland Hills, from here we have a choice of 3 services into town and 1 that connects to the airport in one direction and the hospital in the other. A flat fare of £2 capped at £4.80 in a day. My only complaint is that the airport-hospital route is only half hourly. The others are every 10-20 mins.

Top Bottom