The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
*Earl of Somerset. :laugh:
We generally spend around £600 a month in local pubs. That's not excessive.......is it?

It's all relative.
If you have got the money and enjoy eating out then go for it and enjoy.

On the subject of buses, my sister who lives in Leicestershire, made an odd comment. Broadly, that in their area people choose not to use buses because they don’t want to mix with the type of people who they might find on one ! I was wondering, is this a thing across other parts of the country too ? I find it hard to comprehend, it’s certainly not my experience.

classic33

Leg End Member
On the subject of buses, my sister who lives in Leicestershire, made an odd comment. Broadly, that in their area people choose not to use buses because they don’t want to mix with the type of people who they might find on one ! I was wondering, is this a thing across other parts of the country too ? I find it hard to comprehend, it’s certainly not my experience.
Found a similar attitude on trains a few years ago. Never come across it on the buses.

pawl

Legendary Member
Arrived in Hunstanton sitting on the veranda .Enjoying a brief period of sunshine and a cup of tea

Attachments

• AFA2914C-7AA4-4B70-ABFA-2F9E9E9BE094.jpeg
    AFA2914C-7AA4-4B70-ABFA-2F9E9E9BE094.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 7

Yes - those people exist

I heard someone say once that the aim of all decent people is to never be seen on a bus after the age of 30
bet he also looks down on people who ride bikes

there are some arrogant gits in the world - best thing about them making comments like this is that you can spot them easily and avoid them and ignore anything else they say now

screenman

Legendary Member

You can always tell who the upholsterer is in any bus workshop, he is the one covered in flea bites, and yes that is very true.

Top Bottom