The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We had BBQ pork chop, bacon and beans

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
House is now clean and tidy, we are off to South Shields followed by Durham for a short break tomorrow. Can't stand coming home to a house that needs a clean.

Busy year for mini-breaks, we've done Whitley Bay, next is South Shields/Durham and then Oxford/ Poole, then Manchester, then York and finally Kent. All done by early October.

We are lazy holiday bookers and in January we decided to get everything sorted, which we did.

Not usually keen on abroad or sun/sea/sand holidays but we do have a handful of big retirement holidays abroad we fancy and need to get them done before it is too late.

Thinking of a month in Holland, Germany & Belgium next year. Roughly sketched out but still needs a lot of work.

Wet day out there, yet again. :rain:

Mustn't forget to vote before we go tomorrow, although our votes are always wasted here as it is a Lib Dem stronghold. 🤷‍♂️

Dave7

Legendary Member
House is now clean and tidy, we are off to South Shields followed by Durham for a short break tomorrow. Can't stand coming home to a house that needs a clean.

Busy year for mini-breaks, we've done Whitley Bay, next is South Shields/Durham and then Oxford/ Poole, then Manchester, then York and finally Kent. All done by early October.

We are lazy holiday bookers and in January we decided to get everything sorted, which we did.

Not usually keen on abroad or sun/sea/sand holidays but we do have a handful of big retirement holidays abroad we fancy and need to get them done before it is too late.

Thinking of a month in Holland, Germany & Belgium next year. Roughly sketched out but still needs a lot of work.

Mustn't forget to vote before we go tomorrow, although our votes are always wasted here as it is a Lib Dem stronghold. 🤷‍♂️

When I worked as European sales manager I had customers in all those countries. All interesting places.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Just back from South Shields. Mrs B is going stir crazy, we went walking along coast. Rather quiet, which is nice (IMHO). If you are staying near coast, and want a reasonable pub, try “The Marine”, adjacent to South Marine Park/Ocean Road. Hope the weather is kind to you.

We used to do “breaks” roaming mainland Europe for 5-6 months of the year, in Motorhome. Last one was year Covid came. I suspect Mrs B’s health and Brexit means that is over now. But, it was great while it lasted.

This year, so far, we have “done” Suffolk, Windsor, Cambridgeshire, Keswick. Remains to be seen if we will manage any more.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I've quit the band. I hate myself for doing it and already regret it, but I have my reasons. Suffice to say I offered to compromise over the issue and the others weren't, so now they have 100% of nothing instead of 50% of what they wanted.

I still occasionally dep for two other bands, and hopefully it won't be long before I find another permanent band.

classic33

Leg End Member
They have not asked me to.
Talking plants!

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've quit the band. I hate myself for doing it and already regret it, but I have my reasons. Suffice to say I offered to compromise over the issue and the others weren't, so now they have 100% of nothing instead of 50% of what they wanted.

I still occasionally dep for two other bands, and hopefully it won't be long before I find another permanent band.

Sad but life moves on.
I hope you settle into another group.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just back from South Shields. Mrs B is going stir crazy, we went walking along coast. Rather quiet, which is nice (IMHO). If you are staying near coast, and want a reasonable pub, try “The Marine”, adjacent to South Marine Park/Ocean Road. Hope the weather is kind to you.

We used to do “breaks” roaming mainland Europe for 5-6 months of the year, in Motorhome. Last one was year Covid came. I suspect Mrs B’s health and Brexit means that is over now. But, it was great while it lasted.

This year, so far, we have “done” Suffolk, Windsor, Cambridgeshire, Keswick. Remains to be seen if we will manage any more.

Thanks.

We are staying right by South Marine Park in an AirBnB apartment so will take a look at The Marine.

Not too bothered about the weather as we are mainly walking during the day and neither of us like walking if it is too hot.

Top Bottom