The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just been a wander up to the Co-op for a few things. I’ve bought a pack of Simon Howie lorne sausage for a change. Hopefully be much nicer than that disgusting bacon I had yesterday.

Well timed as that’s the rain just come on here too.

Just googled those sausages. Look good but very mixed reviews.....we await your review.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I have one daughter and one son. A perfect mix imo. Daughter was difficult** in her early teens but turned into a lovely woman.
**in hind sight it was possibly my fault.

Without giving too much personal info.

Two marriages….
From no 1, 1 (biological) son, 1 adopted son, 1 adopted daughter
From no 2, 3 “inherited” daughters.

So, 6 in all, 2 sons, 4 daughters

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've clicked all the "like" buttons,
I feel like sh1t today, tried to have a sleep, but I couldn't
the only thing I have done in the ironing and stripped the bed and changed that and put bedding in the machine.......
just checked it's dry so I'll iron that soon.

That is quite a lot if you are not well.

Just been checking up on the non election news

The Head Teacher from the school my daughter went to (quite a while ago but while he was there) has just been sentenced to 17 years for
err
sexual activity with pupils
seems to sum it up

zero remorse - seems to think it wasn;t a problem or their fault

details on North Wales News site if you want the details

no reason to believe my daughter was involved - he seems to have picked on vulnerable and less able students
and after she left - although others may come forward

I don;t have any contact with my daughter (long story) so I can;t ask her

but as an ex teacher and my daughter went to his school I REALLY feel angry about this

hope he gets a nice cell with some lonely bloke - possibly called Bubba

as an extra - he was famous on the local area and throughout the North Wales teaching community - for being very strict and pushing the boundaries of enforcement of rules
and kicking troublesome or low achieving kids out at the slightest excuse

stories were that he physically frogmarched on kid out through the school gates and through him into the road (no traffic)
and the Union - that he was a big part of - hired expensive lawyers to protect him

at least - those were the stories

so it does look like he just took his natural character to a new place later in life

A last morning walk on Arran, started in the rain but merely damp by lunchtime. Finished in a cafe and by chance met up with a couple from Chepstow who we bumped into on Goatfell yesterday, enjoyed comparing notes with them on our respective holidays. Caught the 13.55 sailing back to Ardrossan, got back home just after 7. My bus pass was waiting on the mat having been delivered this morning. Spent the evening dining on M&S pizza picked up in town and watching an excellent sprint result in the Tour.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A last morning walk on Arran, started in the rain but merely damp by lunchtime. Finished in a cafe and by chance met up with a couple from Chepstow who we bumped into on Goatfell yesterday, enjoyed comparing notes with them on our respective holidays. Caught the 13.55 sailing back to Ardrossan, got back home just after 7. My bus pass was waiting on the mat having been delivered this morning. Spent the evening dining on M&S pizza picked up in town and watching an excellent sprint result in the Tour.

A good end to what sounded like a great holiday!

Top Bottom