The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well so much for the rain not arriving until later. I got caught in a couple of showers. Had a walk for 3 miles then turned and jogged back.

I will no doubt watch the cycling again this afternoon. I don’t think it starts until 2 today so time for another walk before it hopefully.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks. Last day of the Meds today and I plan to celebrate this evening with a vegetable Pathia from our local Nepalese restaurant. Hopefully that will take the metallic taste away. Serendipitously ( if that's a word) I have a dental appointment on Friday and having been brushing my teethe half a dozen times a day at a minimum recently to try to get rid of the taste, the dentist should be suitably impressed. Mrs Tkk has a ten mile training run scheduled for today, she's following one of the Garmin half marathon plans and it's been going well.
I'm off for a walk soon, have a peaceful day ☀️☕️

Mo1959

Legendary Member
We have a local guy that takes some nice wildlife pics. Love this one of a couple of red squirrels. :smile:

448952922_10228002435778615_8444282559856229284_n.jpeg

Tenkaykev

Guru
We’ve got lots now. It’s getting rare to see a grey. They trapped the greys for a long time and seem to have got rid of most of them.

There's a colony on Brownsea Island. Being an island the wardens can keep an eye out for any interlopers. I'd love to see them spread out further afield. On an adjacent topic, I was in Rhayader for a race, the year of Halle-Bop. Had the pleasure of seeing Red Kites as the area was one of the few places they could be seen. Fast forward to a couple of years ago when Mrs Tkk and I were in Leeds visiting family. We went for a walk just a mile or so from the city centre and saw a Red Kite circling overhead 😎👍

Top Bottom