The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There's a colony on Brownsea Island. Being an island the wardens can keep an eye out for any interlopers. I'd love to see them spread out further afield. On an adjacent topic, I was in Rhayader for a race, the year of Halle-Bop. Had the pleasure of seeing Red Kites as the area was one of the few places they could be seen. Fast forward to a couple of years ago when Mrs Tkk and I were in Leeds visiting family. We went for a walk just a mile or so from the city centre and saw a Red Kite circling overhead 😎👍

We are getting more and more red kites here in Wales. There was a cafe not far form Aber that fed them. I've seen 1 or 2 a well

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. Grey and dull in Lancashire. I bobbed on for advice on another matter, spotted a thread on cycling with a Downs child and had to reply. This was very important.

I can't possibly not say hello and good morning to my old friends. I trust you are all well.

2024 continues to be a tricky year in my house. Last Monday I was hit by a tractor driver and spent five days in hospital. Four fractured ribs, lower left eye socket fractured, broken middle right finger, lacerations, extensive bruising and some excellent gravel rash!!!! I now understand why cyclists shave. 🤣🤣🤣

Sounds bad but I'm doing OK. The bike is totalled, I think. We get it back from the police later today.

I popped on for advice on claims management companies. I saw the Downs post and spent too long considering that one. I'll do my request for help later.

Don't worry, Paul is OK. Battered, bruised but researching new bikes. 👍

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning. Grey and dull in Lancashire. I bobbed on for advice on another matter, spotted a thread on cycling with a Downs child and had to reply. This was very important.

I can't possibly not say hello and good morning to my old friends. I trust you are all well.

2024 continues to be a tricky year in my house. Last Monday I was hit by a tractor driver and spent five days in hospital. Four fractured ribs, lower left eye socket fractured, broken middle right finger, lacerations, extensive bruising and some excellent gravel rash!!!! I now understand why cyclists shave. 🤣🤣🤣

Sounds bad but I'm doing OK. The bike is totalled, I think. We get it back from the police later today.

I popped on for advice on claims management companies. I saw the Downs post and spent too long considering that one. I'll do my request for help later.

Don't worry, Paul is OK. Battered, bruised but researching new bikes. 👍
Blooming hell!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Intermittent spitting rain here - weather radar looks like it will get worse so not even looking for a bike ride

just watching the first stage of the Tour - couldn't do it before as I am the only one interested and trying to watch it while the grand kids were here was not possible

not have the others to catch up on without seeing any results in the press

You’ll love the finish! :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just having a sit down. Done the washing, ironed what was waiting off last wash. Vacuumed, made Mrs Boldonlad’s lunch. I will just whisper this, to you chaps, while @Mo1959 and @welsh dragon aren’t around, but, it must be hard work being a woman!, and, that is without the childbirth bit! If there is re-incarnation, I am not coming back as a woman. 😂

Well. Genuinely, I think that ♀️ are a whole lot better than ♂️ and are, on the whole, the better half of the species.

♂️ are responsible for most of the world's conflicts and personal violence. :sad:

Top Bottom