The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Mercian cycles has been bought by four businesses men who are keen cyclists 🚴🏿‍♂️

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: not very summery out there... Ordered up all the components to turn the Dawes into a 10 speed - it'll be a 'street sleeper' and go like the wind! :laugh: Snapped my mirror off tuther day so ordered up a couple of those to, really dont like riding without one.
Went outside a moment ago to take a pic of my climbing rose 'leaping salmon', its been very pretty with dark pink flowers....yesterdays 40mph winds blew all the petals off :rolleyes::laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
There is a joke there somewhere (if you have a rude mind :smile: )
I was wondering what she was talking about, I'll be honest.

I recall them being 6d around 1957.

We were poor - only allowed fish -n -chips on Christmas Eve because we were in the part of the year that my Dad described as
"House full of food and nothing to eat"
almost as bad as not having sky growing up

Oh the horror stories I could tell!!
(Yes - I actually had a Raleigh Elite bike as well - even my friend's Dragster was better - look them up only if you want a good laugh and are not of a nervous disposition!!!)
(and the fact that we lived in a big house and I went to a school where you have to pay fees was irrelevant!!!)

Up since about 8 ish
robot is happily hoovering and I am keeping an eye on its internal map of the room
apparently we have a lounge the size of a hall in the Palace of Versailles and of a shape designed by Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen while on a good dose of LSD
(not that I have a clue what that means!)

I think the internal systems that "map" out the room are lacking in some levels of accuracy

Top Bottom