The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all.
An early start for some of us.
Our son stayed over last night, but had now gone with two of his friends to Stansted airport, they are off to Berlin for a couple of days. They have got tickets for the Switzerland v Italy game, and will watch the England game tomorrow in one of the fanzones.
So because of his early start everything is now out of sync.
I'm off to make another cup of tea. :cuppa:

pawl

Legendary Member
My local chippy is excellent, the chips are always just crisp enough on the outside, but fluffy on the inside.
I agree that a fish and chip tea is now not a cheap meal, but like everything else the costs of the energy, oil, the fish which the wholesale price is expensive and even potatoes have gone up.
Nothing is cheap anymore
Through my rose tinted glasses I can remember a bag of chips being 6d, and a piece of cod a shilling, but that was 60 years ago.

Three penny worth of chips and some batter bits please Mt Gillot.

Me at the local chippy 1949

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all, my first job this morning is too change the quilt cover, if I do not come back here today it is because I am stuck in it.

Best thing I’ve ever done is invest in coverless duvets. :laugh:

6.7 mile trail walk done. Blue sky and sunshine yet cool and breezy. Perfect.

IMG_1122.jpeg

IMG_1123.jpeg

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Salut from Bideford. I think I had too much red wine last night and as a result I had very little sleep so it is only water to drink today. Mrs G still has a rotten cold and slept badly too. She had a Covid test before we left Wales and it is was negative.
The TdF is starting today so I hope I will be able to watch it.
Back home tomorrow night after a birthday meal in Westward Ho.at lunch time.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Salut from Bideford. I think I had too much red wine last night and as a result I had very little sleep so it is only water to drink today. Mrs G still has a rotten cold and slept badly too. She had a Covid test before we left Wales and it is was negative.
The TdF is starting today so I hope I will be able to watch it.
Back home tomorrow night after a birthday meal in Westward Ho.at lunch time.

I might watch that for a while. I see it starts in Italy so should be nice scenery too.

Top Bottom